1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Fire Van Gundy's Pathetic Ass!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketballin, Jun 29, 2006.

1. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

He has made it a point to make the Rockets as old and slow as anyone in the league. This guy thinks he can win a championship with 10 duds and two stars. The brand of basketball is unbearable to watch. When Rudy Gay turns into the next Joe Johnson, I hope he comes in here to Houston and torches us for like 50. Maybe then well learn. Hell if my dream comes true anytime soon then Van Gundy will be out the window!!!!!!!

For God sakes, Shane Battier. I would have rather taken back Stevie Franchise!!!! But that would never happen with Van Dumbass. Sorry guys but I mean Steve was our boy for all those years and was the backbone of this team. Couldnt we have gotten more than Battier for God sakes............

The funny thing is that Jerry West was the one who offered it. Its as if we looked for the worst possible scenerio. I would have laughed if I was CD but of course Van Dumby was probly all over that trades nuts. Cus God forbid he gives anyone a chance to ever develop. I bet 80% of the people in Houston would rather have me make decisions for the Rockets organization....the sad thing is that I doubt I would do worse of a job than these so called "basketball experts."

I Beg of the Houston Oranization to please let go of Van Gundy. He has run everyone out of this town since hes been here. Who's next? T-Mac, Yao? You never know with the Rockets oranization after last night.. Pathetic and sickening time to be a Rockets fan.. Thanks for giving us nothing to look forward to in 06/07 HOUSTON ROCKETS....

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait a minute here.

Shane Battier is 27 years old, Tmac is 27, Yao is 26? How is having your 3 best players in their 20s being old?

Wow !

However, I don't like JVG either.

:)

DD

3. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

really T-Mac is only 27... I coulda swore he was like 35 last season :)

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

wow, i never saw this thread coming.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think it's part III

hehe

6. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

lol...but I 2nd dat motion to fire

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I want Rudy back. Both of them.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hmmmm. A thread to fire JVG. Interesting. I'm surprised no one has brought this up before.

9. supermike

supermike Member

we have to fire JVG for god's sake!!!(CD is leaving anyway).

I am considering if I would watch any rox games next season.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

$50 says you'll be highly anticipating the first game of the season.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

God, we have to go through this yet again......it's like groundhog day all over again......and it's not even the regular season yet.

12. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

If we get mike james i wont be as mad, but im still feeling nauseous right now

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

Tmac is a fast athletic 27yrs old, Yao is a strong dominating 26yr old, Shane Battier is a 27yr old slow footed mediocre unathletic small forward.. considering T-mac's back.... Only Yao's behaving and showing youth..

so yeah, we ARE old.

14. munco

munco Member

Look at the rest of the team.
    The old thing is not good, but more importantly we're slow while our main rivals are quick.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

suns, mavs, and miami were arguably the best teams last season. they all had key players in diaw, howard, and wade who are on rookie contracts. rockets needed to add a player like battier, but they also need that key rookie.

16. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

When Shane Battier is your 3rd best player, you're screwed.

Is Shane Battier better than Shawn Marion/Manu Ginobili/Josh Howard?

If not, say hello to playoff mediocrity.

17. Panda

Panda Member

Right on.

Although 111 are better than most first and second options combo in the L, our talent level take a deep dive after them.

Battier was the 5th or 6th scoring option on a team that lost 12 straight playoffs games. Now he becomes a difference maker as the third option on the Rockets? I highly doubt it.

Now Mike James can come in to make up for the loss in this trade, but then the Rockets management and their apologists are gonna spin Mike's contribution to Shane Battier. What's bad is that James is not a given at this point.

Battier will help us win a few games, but he is not going to take us over the hump. The draft offered a chance for us to get a player of roughly equvalent production of 10/5 in the first two seasons and a chance for such player to significantly upgrade our team afterwards. We forked over that player to Jerry West along with a 10/5 MLE player in Stromile Swift.

18. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Correction: If I am right, Shane Battier was the 4th scoring option. Better than what you had stated.

19. Panda

Panda Member

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Which is why we should trade Rafer, Howard, Bob Sura's arthritic knees, Bob Sura's hoes, and Morgan Ensberg to the Lakers for Lamar Odom. :D

Yeah, I know there's 0% chance of something like that happening, but I'd love to have him on this team. Too bad we don't have any assets the Lakers would want, like, say, the draft rights to Rudy Gay...

Man, imagine a break with Lamar handling the ball, T-Mac and Mike James on the wings, Battier and Yao trailing... It's over!