1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who thinks Valentines Day is lame?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Feb 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I know a lot of guys who think V-Day is lame and is a "hallmark holiday". They say "Why do I need a holiday to tell me to take my girl out to dinner?".

What do you guys think of Valentines Day?

I'm not in a relationship right now, but I hate the fact that EVERYONE goes out to eat on V-Day. How are you supposed to have a special, romantic night out when every other schlub in the city is out with their woman?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

3. macalu

macalu Member

i think every gift-giving holdiay is lame, especially birthdays. truthfully, no one really gives a damn it's your b-day.

4. mogrod

mogrod Member

The older I get and the longer I'm with my wife, the less I want to deal with it.

I used to go ALL out for her but I just don't have the money, time nor energy. Besides, our anniversary is in mid-December and I REALLY go all out then when it means more anyway.

But hey, V-day is my B-day, and I feel REAL lucky my wife cares only about celebrating my birthday than anything else. Not that I want to really "celebrate" another year of life, but it's nice to know she won't be dissapointed or upset if can't do a whole lot.

Hell, I've had absolutely no time or money to do anything this year, but she is perfectly happy if I just give her a hug, kiss and tell her I love her. Simple, sweet and CHEAP. :D

5. IVFL

IVFL Member

Yeah its lame , I will probably just write my wife a few notes and hide them around the house. There is so much pink and red I get sick everytime I walk down the isle with valentines gifts on it.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Any holiday in which you have to still go to work and the mail still comes is a lame one, IMO.

7. boomer83

boomer83 Member

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Just another one of endless number of holidays and 'special occasions' for companies to sell us something...it's all about the marketing, man, and men are stupid enough -- as usual -- to fall for it.

It's all about marketing, it's all about finding new ways to part you from your dollars, it's the American way.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My ten year old daughter is having a gas making Valentines cards on the PC. She's having fun. It's nice to see. My 14 year old son could care less. I'm not surprised, because I didn't, when I was his age. Tomorrow, I'm taking my wife to a very nice restaurant for lunch, but skipping the candy and flowers, because I gave her flowers over the weekend for our anniversary. (among other things) We'll have fun after the kids go to sleep.

It's an excuse to be nice to someone you love, if you have someone. Most of us don't really need an excuse, but I'll take it anyway. :)

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

God you're sooo whipped, hopeless! ;)

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That was my 28th anniversary last weekend, Tiger. If that's whipped, I plead guilty with a smile. :cool:

12. Kam

Kam Member

It sucks cause I have no b****.

If I had a b****, I still think it's lame.

I don't know why we designate a day for this crap, when I could do it every other Saturday.

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Oh, I know, I know, I was just having a little fun with you. :)

Congrats on the anniversary, btw...sounds like you've got a good thing there, Deckard. Happy for ya.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

If you're involved - it's a hassle.

If you're flying solo - it's a downer. (unless you go out to a bar and cruise drunk desperate girls)

Valentine's day is a total pain in the ass either way. Some manufactured holiday should not be a significant event in your relationship (or lack of one), but unfortunately it is.

It was fun when we were kids, because it meant a blow-off half day in school - that's about all I can say for it.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I knew you were. I just wish we were 20 years younger. 30 would be even better, but knowing what we know now. (be nice to be able to forget a few things, and have a few people around who no longer are... geez, I'm getting sentimental!)

I agree that it's a "Hallmark Holiday," btw, but pretty harmless.

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Not to your wallet, it's not. ;)

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Uh, forgot about that part!

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oh, come on, you can't see the winky guy.......who is the moron now....???

SHEESH !

DD

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

No wonder you don't have one. :D

20. Kam

Kam Member

come on man, you know I don't mean it. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THE LADIES!! :D :D

but they don't love me back. :(

j/k.
    happy...somewhat.