1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's start a campaign to free Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeguo, Nov 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. joeguo

joeguo Contributing Member

It's time for fans to act, not just chat. Enogh has been said about extreme bias officiating toward Yao. Now, it's time to call the owner to speak out to against this bias treatment. A campaign has to be started. Don't always blame Yao for playing timid, stupid fouls and so on. He never has foul problem in international games.

[​IMG]

2. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

How do we do it?

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

ill get started on the hats and tshirts that say Free Yao Ming... ill do it "free pimp c" style

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Phil Jackson said he tried to free Yao, but that it's too late now.

But I think an online petition would work. Or put it in your sigs. Stern follows complaints that are embedded in signatures pretty closely.

5. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Allow me to preface my post with a few short sentences.

First of all I am a white male 18-25. :)

Nothing makes me more upset than racial discrimination.

Such bigotry shouldn’t even be allowed to exist! :(

I believe all men and women are created equal.

But with that thought in mind, I also don’t believe in pulling the “race card” every time something goes wrong. :mad:

Now for my post.

I believe that the NBA….especially the “African American” players are threatened by Yao Ming.

If you look at the bashing that is done toward him, it is mostly African American players, and former players that bash him constantly.

They are trying to censor Yao Ming because he is a well trained basketball machine.

He isn’t the back it into the post throw down a nasty dunk, pea-brain Shaq O’Neil.

He isn’t a liability to his team in free-throw shooting, and you don’t need an Ebonics dictionary to speak with him.

I think the NBA is scared to Death to Free Yao Ming!

I say let the chants reverberate through Toyota Center, let them scream from our “all cotton” T-shirts, let them read it on our signatures……..FREE YAO MING!

And I know where you stand sometimes determines what you see.

So If I am wrong please correct me.

6. joeguo

joeguo Contributing Member

I think fans can send email or write letter to Les, Stern or to media. Bring signs when you go to home games. Lots of things you can do.

7. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

T.O. got Jesse Jackson to go with him to fight against the NFL, prehaps Yao could get His Holiness the Dalai Lama to accompany him to the NBA to "fight " (in a peasable manner) against Stern. :D

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I'm down, but let's get specific: petition, email campaign, letter campaign, what? Circulate addresses, links, etc. Set schedules for the blitz. If you will organize it, I will participate.

Ming is officiated differently from any player in the league. Somebody needs to get the Chinese media stirred up about this. The NBA will only respond when they feel their business interests are being threatened.

9. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

I'll tell you how....create 5 different T-shirt versions, each with a big picture of Yao being mugged, being pushed full force with two hands, etc on the front...and on the back it reads,"FREE YAO MING"

Sell them at cost outside Toyota center and on ebay so that Toyota Center is filled with them...I guarantee the media will pick up on it. Any coverage is good coverage.

10. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Send the Chinese media a copy of my above written post! :D :p

11. shaiqia

shaiqia Contributing Member

Fans can donate (or Rockets organization can pay) some money to post this picture on a US or China major newspaper.

12. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

This is a brilliant idea.. Let's go with the 'FREE YAO' t-shirt showing the picture on the first page.

LET'S GO ROCKETS!

13. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Im soo down, if I can help out just let me know. If you end up making that shirt though with the photo, I definitly DEFINITLY want to buy one.

14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

15. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Maybe someone can make huge posters of this photo with "free Yao" title and distribute/sell them in front of NBA headquarter in NYC. That ought get some attention.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How about we start a campaign to stop whining? Hakeem never need any ridiculous campaign like this. Yao just needs to continue to be aggressive. The last thing he needs to do is worry about the refs.

17. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

i'll start the car burning tonight

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Exactly. HE doesn't need to worry about the refs, but that doesn't mean that WE can't.

19. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Come on, we all know it's b/s the way they treat Yao.

For one we need somthing to complain about as we go through this rough start

For two it needs to be done sometime or it will never be done and Yao will most likley be held back his whole career and will always be that '2nd man roleplayer' instead of the 'Go to main event man' that he could be if he was able to use his skills, and most importantly get used to playing 30-35 minutes a game so he doesnt get tired (Minutes he cannot get now because he is held back by 50% bs calls and 50% no calls when he is fouled)

For three it is fun to campaign and work in a group

For four.. I really want that t-shirt lol

and for five Imagine a day ... no no... imagine a season... no no... imagine a season and a playoffs and the delight as the Rockets hold up their newly gotten rings with the help of a Free Yao Ming

20. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

good idea, except this will only tarnish Yao's reputation. He's going to start looking like a whiner and this is never a good thing.