1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Semi Healthy T-Mac or Wait....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFAN3035, Nov 11, 2005.

?

When Should T-Mac come back?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2005.
  1. T-Mac needs to play as soon as possible, risk the health.

27 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. T-Mac should only play when he is truly healthy.

141 vote(s)
    83.9%
  1. RocketsFAN3035

So here is the question: With T-Mac RUMORED to possibly be suiting up and playing tomarrow in New Jersey, is it worth T-Mac hurring back from injury (possibly getting hurt worse) or is it better for him to heal completly (and let our offense seem to stay out of funk)?

Opinions?

2. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Let him play. Hes ALWAYS going to have a bad back

3. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

i hope he plays :)

i really don't think he's at that much risk of getting hurt worse

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Another, um, interesting poll. Duuuuuuh, my guess is 99% will say wait and 1% will put play early and take the risk.

5. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Let TMac rest and let Yao train to the max.

6. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Definitely wait. The Rockets can easily defeat any team in the WC not named Spurs, so I'm not really that concerned about our playoff seeding. As long as we don't fall to #8, I'm happy.

Give Yao the burden of carrying the team for a while. I think it will toughen him up some. He will learn invaluable things like demanding the ball after missing eight straight shots and ignoring JVG's orders to guard every freaking pick and roll executed by the other team.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Only he knows when he is truly ready. And if he says he's ready to play. Then he plays.

Go Rockets.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

(drago/) if he dies, he dies (/drago)

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

LMAO.... el-eat

10. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Totally agree. Every time I saw Yao run over on the other team small gaurd, I could not help to say "stupid JVG or stupid Yao". We all know the 7'6 Yao's Stamina limitation, why on the earth do not save his energy to defend board, block shots, and dunk the ball. I would like to see swift to the pick and roll defence, it'll be much easier and pretty. It's just ugly to see 7'6" guy run over, and by the 4th quarter,everyone complains Yao's stamina. I like JVG,But I have to say, only JVG to ask Yao to do the stupidest thing like this in NBA. other team's coachs are laughin on us, and takes advantage on it.

Bye the way, If Tmac can play, let him play a littler first and more at 4th quarter if he can. Do not rush anything, we'll be ok. I am not worry about the 0-3. Last game much better, if guards hit one or 2 more 3's, we won.

11. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

plus new jersey isn't known as a brusier. his next real test will be San Antonio and that would be for a week

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Wait for what?... at this rate, we'll fall out of the playoffs picture in no time.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

ESPN just reported TMAC will be available for Saturday.

Not just a rumor anymore.

#13 Uprising, Nov 11, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  14. Cire

Cire Contributing Member

I voted for him to suit of when healthy. But I have a pinced nerve in my back from a wrestling injury. It can flare up at anytime where I cannot walk, but then as soon as 3 days later I feel great. Back injuries are tricky.

15. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

Tmac has rested for 3 games and over a week now trust he's ready to go. Besides this injury he has all it needed was rest and recupe and he has more than gotten it with over a week of rest. He needs to play and should play. Go Rockets!!!

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Whoa Whoa, we had a 6-11 start last season and we were fine, it's way too early to fall out of the playoff picture. The Hornets are tied for #1 in our division for pete's sake, we're only 4 games in.

I really hope TMac gets realy healthy before playing. I'd rather waited it out a little and make sure he is ready, than have him in and out of games during critical stretches of the season.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

and the hits keep coming!

reality check: it's the 3RD GAME OF THE SEASON. SERIOUSLY.

:mad:

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I say keep him out until at least Sunday's game, even if he's healthy for tomorrow.

The reasoning here is that we get the Nets on the second night of a back-to-back when we see them tomorrow, and I think we'll have a good chance of winning that game with what we've got. I wouldn't want Tracy's first two games since returning to be a back-to-back situation where his body may not be able to recover for the second game and heighten the chance of him reaggravating something.

Go out there like men and take out the Nets on the second night of their back-to-back, then bring in a rested McGrady to help counteract the fatigue of our team on OUR second night of the back to back, against Boston.

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

It's the 4th and on saturday it'l be the 5th. 9 of the next 11 are on the road. this team is struggling due mainly to Tracy not being there. the west is so tight that falling behind not obly hurts our chances of a good seeding, even a playoff birth could be in doubt?(highly unlikely).hits my behind, i've openly defended swift, alston and the other new guys. i've said they need time to gel, and will keep repeating it.

20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

This is why i wanted him back. is'nt it ironic as soon as he gets back, wesley gets his shot back?.. tracy is the rockets. he ozzes class. his teammates feed off that.