1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Rocks Ripped once again by national media.......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jshabang, Oct 12, 2005.

1. jshabang

jshabang Member

I don't know if someone from the rockets organization slapped this guys momma or what.......but he just absolutely ripppedddd us a new one in this review.......

I can not wait till about mid season untill all these guys come kisssin houstons !$& come all star break...

I find it utterly hard to believe with all the intellect and awesome insight this site/bbs contains(I love all my fellow bbs'ers, we are second to none, believe me I,ve checked) it kills me to think we are the only people in the entire continental US who think we have made sound moves to get better this offseason which we all agree has been one of the best in recent memory....they make us really look like the pround parent of the terrible kid in the school play who just is goin home video crazy at a family function..driving everyone in the house to extreme fake smiles and boredom :rolleyes: :confused:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4932528

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4932528

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Van Gundy is arrogant??

Van Gundy is among the most self-deprecating coaches in professional sports. he constantly makes fun of himself and second-guesses his own decisions, as well as his team. he starts with negativity to motivate.

This guy clearly has an axe to grind...that's not a balanced write-up, at all. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

At least he didn't put a tombstone next to their name and declare them dead :)

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

edc = Charley Rosen??

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

"a pipsqueak coach who think's he's a giant"

that's actually pretty funny. I think Van Gundy is a good coach, but I also think he's pretty arrogant. Most coaches are, except for Rudy T.

5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The guy wasn't really nice to any team besides the Spurs.

6. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

Wow, talk about havin' something up his bunghole.

7. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

wow, y'all read that crap?

8. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well this is a Charley Rosen article we're talking about, so it's best to take it with a kilo of salt. I mean, last year he referred to T-mac as "Mcgreedy", and now it's, "T-Mac is a legit superstar whose decision-making and defense improve every year. "

9. jshabang

jshabang Member

Are we wearing rose colored glasses or is Rosen an idiot?

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Ha. He said Tariq Abdul-Wahad needs to play and Christie needs to sit.

Ha.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

"Not enough help for T-Mac in the frontcourt. No reliable bench players."

What is he smoking?

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

hey Rosen, vangundy's brilliance is no threat to your intellect so relax, take it easy on the guy. besides that beard you wear on your fat face has you looking like a regular professor no matter how smart the next man is.

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Rosen bashed just about every team in that article, I'm sure he wasn't trying to single out the Rockets.

14. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

he's the anti-matt guokas

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

i just sent him one of those 'feed back email's on that page.... what an idiot

16. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Rosen is just another example of a national writer who doesn't know enough details about the teams he comments on. For people who aren't that knowledgeable, his writing has appeal because it's decisive and sharp. People who truly follow the NBA know what he's really worth. He's obviously dislikes JVG a lot because he gave him no credit at all for T-Mac's development and resorts to insulting him.

17. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Man this guy has serious issues! I mean its good journalism to offer constructive criticism or at least to provide an objective viewpoint. But its hard to imagine trashing a team that has done nothing but ADD quality players at positions where they were deficient last season and still managed over 50 wins. Sheesh give Houston a break....

But im just going to go ahead and say that the hate mail will be directed towards the comments he made about Oklahoma City, where I have lived almost my whole life.... Where the F are you from Rosen?? Where do you get off trashing on one of the friendliest cities in America?? Have you even been to Oklahoma City?? Screw off, with you and your BEARD!

--Ali

18. Toast

Toast Member

More like "T-Mac is a legit superstar ... who can only excel if he spends LESS time on the court this year."

WTF?

19. thiagu88

thiagu88 Contributing Member

EXACTLY what i was thinking

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

"Everything adds up to another disappointing season in Houston."

Ha ha!