1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[NBA]Rocket's Season Preview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thiagu88, Sep 16, 2005.

1. thiagu88

thiagu88 Contributing Member

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know that's all just fluff to get us buy tickets, but damned if it doesn't hype me up. :D

3. Matador

Matador Member

Here is what it the 2nd article says about Yao:

Center
    It was the first summer that Yao Ming had been able to rest and not compete for China in basketball tournaments. Yao spent the summer practicing and training with former Rockets strength and conditioning coach Anthony Falsone. In his third year in the league, Yao averaged 18.3 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 2 blocks per contest. He also shot a career-high 55% from the floor. Yao continues to show more aggressiveness and ability as he accommodates himself to the grind of NBA play. Yao has seen his shot-blocking numbers rise each season, and he is getting better in going straight up for a shot and utilizing his height and strength instead of pump-faking and waiting for the defender to come to him. With Swift as a weakside defender, Yao will have help in guarding the basket, which will allow him to gamble more and play more intensely on defense.

-----------------------------
    Was Yao originally not suppose to play with the CNT? Or is the writer just unaware of Yao's schedule? Also in my TSN NBA Preview Mag it mentions Yao rested all summer long with no CNT commitments.

------------------------------
    Oh and this thread deserves more views...those are 2 well written articles.

4. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

i think they are being sarcastic, did u see how china killed all their opponents? he was resting all summer compared to his past summers.