Tags:  bostjan nachbar, football, houston texans, nfl, texans Tags
wesnesked is offline Old 08-23-2005, 06:34 PM
    Reply With Quote   #1
wesnesked
Contributing Member
wesnesked is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7627
I know this may be a little pre-mature, but I have the thought in the back of my mind that Jason Babin is going to be the new Boki Nachbar. Watching Babin last year (yes I know it was his first year at the position)and these two pre-season games, I just don't know if he is going to have what it takes to be a playmaker. He looks slow, has weak moves to get around the tackle, and looks lost in coverage. I compare his situation to Boki's, both were first round picks, and had reasonble hopes. I think we are going to end up like we were in Boki's situation, waiting and hoping for this guy to produce when he just doesn't have it. Did anybody see Demarcus Ware tear it up during the Cowboy game last night? I really wanted the Texans to get this guy and I know he wasn't around when they were originally slotted, but hell with the pick we gave up for Babin last year, we maybe could have moved up a couple spots to get him. I hope I'm wrong and he steps it up and is very productive, but we'll just have to wait and see....Go Texans!

Sponsored Link
JamesC is offline Old 08-23-2005, 06:40 PM
    Reply With Quote   #2
JamesC
JamesC is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4929
Its funny you mention that. I've also wondered if Babin is going to live up to expectations. Seeing as how they gave up 3 draft picks last year to get him I havent been impressed with his play so far even though its still early. I do hope he finds his niche in the defense. Watching Demarcus Ware tear it up last night made me hope Babin can get it together.

- Charles Oakley

Several Ryan Bowenisms were displayed tonight. That honkey is walking chaos on defense.

- Hippieloser

codell is offline Old 08-23-2005, 06:55 PM
    Reply With Quote   #3
codell
Contributing Member
codell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchcodell is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6886
Babin is the first rookie to ever start at OLB in the 3-4.

Give him another season or two already.

Uprising is offline Old 08-23-2005, 08:46 PM
    Reply With Quote   #4
Uprising
Contributing Member
Uprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemUprising is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by codell
Babin is the first rookie to ever start at OLB in the 3-4.

Give him another season or two already.

Ditto.

Clutchfans STEAM group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Clutchfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetics80 View Post
Lin > Harden