1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should ATW be banned or controlled on this forum

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Nov 1, 2014.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hey any topic is fair game and virtually any position is, too. Be anti-Muslim/Islam or be concerned that Islam is an inherently horrible religion and the source of all problems in the Middle East, feel that we should all be warned that Muslims or Islam is the greatest problem in the present world. Urge that only the Catholic Church is the one true church or Islam is the one true religion, whatever. Hey think Yao and Lin are the greatest or their fans are the worst of all time, whatever. Think Obama is the greatest or worst, whatever.

BUT SOMEONE WHO OBSESSIVELY STARTS THE SAME OBNOXIOUS THREADS OVER AND OVER ON SUCH A TOPIC SHOULD BE BANNED. OR LIMITED.

1 person likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You snapped. Your Stalinist instincts are coming through.

1 person likes this.
  3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You sound like you should take some time away from the bbs. I don't agree with some of ATW's takes, while others I think are pretty spot on. I still find him to be a good contributing member of this fine bbs. If his posts bother you this much, it's probably in your best interest to step away for a bit, or try to ignore them.

1 person likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

MY OCD has always been a proponent of an ATW Islam Megathread. :)

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Don't think he should be banned... while I do believe someone who either continually breaks the CF.net rules should be, as often as ATW approaches lines I don't believe he crosses them.

That said, I do believe ATW has become such a caricature that whatever ever good points he makes is lost in all of the noise. He has become like the person you see in a large city that stands at a street corner railing about something. Maybe the first time you go by you may listen and hear something... but pretty soon, you shake your ahead and then soon you simply tune the person out and don't even notice them.

I think of right wing talks show hosts in much the same way... Rush and Hannity start in their breathless barrage, usually using the same buzzwords crammed in repeated. A few posters here do the same. They also become that person on the street corner (though I believe the talk show hosts adopt such an annoying voice they use to avoid being completely ignored).

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"progressives" are the true fascists. when they don't agree with someone, they demand the offender be censored.

thought nazis.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

naw, we just ignore you

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

can I get an update on atw?

It's funny people even try to debate here anymore.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If the problem is he posts too much about one topic, there are a lot of people who need to be banned

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nah. His takes on the garbage, heinous, deplorable and despicable Islam are pretty spot on.

That and he is a fan of real football not eggball.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wrong forum.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oh glynch

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What if they were ideas/threads you agreed with?

1 person likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You have defined the word caricature for a looooong time. You have been coming to this sub-forum for close to a decade now and left your secretions of links and videos. And we are all the better for it good sir.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mayhaps Glynch should take advantage of ye olde ignore button.

DD

1 person likes this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He actually occasionally raises good points on the subject

it's true many of the heinous acts are done in the name of Islam and it's a problem. Other times though he tries way to hard to tie things that has nothing to do with the religion like the whole Jian ghomeshi thing

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I didn't start that thread. On that thread, I actually said:

What I did criticize on that thread, and what I criticize on other threads, e.g. the "honor killing" thread where this TV guy beheaded his wife or on the Nigeria thread is that we have a mob here that actually does the exact opposite of what I am accused of: They immediately jump to the conclusion "this has nothing to do with Islam", "it's cultural", "crusades", "but Israel", etc.

And then they try to shout down evidence to the contrary. Not sure why leftists are so hell-bent on that. Bill Maher called them out for it, too.

As glynch's desperate meltdown shows: He lacks arguments, shouts angrily and wants to silence other opinions. That's the opposite of being liberal.

I am the liberal in this debate.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Does this apply to topics about Chavez?

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Work and other obligations have greatly limited my time on CF.net recently and I can see I'm not missing anything.