1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Healthy Rockets or Healthy Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ai_111, Mar 16, 2008.

?

Healthy Rockets or healthy Lakers

1. Rockets

216 vote(s)
    94.3%
  2. Lakers

13 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

I mean in another board people were saying that healthy Lakers would kill a healthy RocKets what do you guys think about that.

Actual injuries:
    Ariza
    Bynum
    Gasol
    Mihm

Rockets:
    Yao
    Landry

2. kwng

kwng Member

Francis??

3. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Well he isnt a big part of the team as it is right now. He wasnt even in the rotation.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

LOL. If you want to add Francis to our team, be fair and put Smush Parker back on the Laker's roster.

The Lakers have far superior offensive talent and overall athleticism, but the Rockets beat them on defense and hustle. It's a tough call.

5. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Ok 100 % says Rockets.

Explanation?

6. RocketTilIDie

RocketTilIDie Member

rockets duh....*** a laker

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Bynum and Gasol would be great for Yao and Deke to feast on.. and Mihm doesn't even count. Not sure about Ariza tho. A combo of him and Kobe together would be pretty hard to stop.

The Lakers look much, much better on paper when healthy, but we all know a game isn't won on paper.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I would take Francis over Ariza and Mihm combined, any day of week

9. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

the 1 person who voted lakers can kiss my non-black ass

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

This is like taking a poll on whether you like black people...at KKK headquarters :/

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

stop posting new threads, please. we are begging you!

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BI8zNgRkI0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BI8zNgRkI0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not true. Gasol has given Yao fits in the past, both on offense as well as defense. Yao does outplay Bynum though.

14. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

See post No. 9

15. Water Boy

Water Boy Member

white powah! WHITE POWAH!!! :D
    [​IMG]

16. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I am a little biased since I am a Rocket fan, but the one thing about the Lakers that pisses me off (and they revealed this the other night against Sac) is that they take positions off on defense a lot.

Now all my Laker friends keep saying Bynum this and Bynum that, but I need to see more than just 2 months of production before you can put Bynum up as a true threat night in and night out. Also with Gasol, he doesn't like physical play in the low post. So where is that real enforcer in the back protecting the basket? Say all you want about Yao, but he does a good job of protecting the basket on most occasions and Deke is probably the best or right behind Howard at doing this. Bynum has more potential to be a great defender down there because he is younger and more athletic than Yao, but at the current stage, I take Yao because he isn't athletic enough to block lots of shots, but he is intelligent enough to know how to force people to alter their shots.

Lakers' defense is a joke at the current moment. So I am definitely taking the Rockets because they have proven to me that they are committed to DEFENDING! It is easy for basketball players to go and put up huge numbers, it is more difficult to force yourself to not take possessions off on defensive (ie Battier, Rafer, and Scola in the final 1:32 of today's game with a 12 point lead). So until the Lakers proven to me that they can play a full 48 or atleast 44 minutes of basketball with solid defense, then Rockets any day baby!

17. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

We can always switch to Deke when Gasol is tearing, that'll slow him down, at least on offense. However I'm not sure what kind of minutes Deke will get once Yao is back. Maybe Adelman will put Deke in for Yao to help on D when we meet them in the playoffs, since he knows what Deke is capable of now.

As far as the offense in concerned, I'm confident we won't need Yao to be having a monster offense now that everyone else can step up. As long as we can clamp those guys down on defense, we should be ok.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here is your answer and it was IN L. A. too....both squads healthy.

DD

19. kwng

kwng Member

Smush is not on the Lakers roster anymore. Francis is still on ours.

20. kwng

kwng Member

What is this? From what you said, why include Yao as he also not a big part of the team RIGHT NOW!!