1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

After Bosh, loosing Parsons to the Mavs, getting the feeling of disappointment is now numb to me.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm certainly not saying we'll "get him," but he fits salary wise, the Suns, in my opinion, have too many good point guards and are looking at Dragic opting out next summer, and more to the point (ha ha!), I think he's damn near a perfect fit. Goran's a huge upgrade over Lin, a huge upgrade over Bev offensively, and a much bigger point who can score and could play with Bev to give Harden a blow, and I've missed him ever since Morey let him leave. The topper? Due to the arcane mumbo jumbo of the current contract rules (the stuff Bima or aelliot can quote in their sleep, and probably do), we can offer Goran a 5 year deal. No one else can, except Phoenix.

Why are people arguing about Bosh? The dude's history, playing for the dollars, not victories.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Seriously makes you wonder if identifying with the fanbase was more important than winning for Dallas, Charlotte, and Utah.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Carl mentioning Lowry ' s deal made me start to think.

With all the talk of mistakes and things that have gone wrong this off season, the name that I haven't heard many people mention while discussing the subject is Lowry. As I remember it, he was all but ready to come, but the Rockets wanted to do a S-n-T to preserve their cap space for whomever. Should they have just thrown their cap space at Lowry?

We would have been stuck trying to trade for a 4, but if they manage to trade for Dragic, that is exactly where they will be, but without the significant assets they had to sell of to get Dragic that could have been used to make the deal.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

If the Rockets had a deal ready to go they didn't need to wait on these contracts.

6. King901

King901 Member

Ok and your point is?

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Unless he dies in a plane crash, the sanity of the fans is the only reason to use the tpe and not the waivable contracts. Any trade between now and october is the same thing as far as any team is concerned. If it is Goran, it would also be common courtesy not to force him out of his national team camp to do all the associated crap.

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

It's only hindsight. S&T Lowry would allow us to go after Melo/Bosh too. Looking back, we'd probably better off just sign Lowry outright. But at that time, that was the right decision.

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Question, by what date must Bledsoe accept the Sun's QO if the sides can't meet on a long term deal?

10. Aleron

October 1, start of training camp

1 person likes this.
  11. forchette49

Wow, thanks, repped

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This can drag out till october?? DAYUM!

I thought it was only a month, damn 2k association mode confusing me.

13. Aleron

I'll also add, that while the QO is gone, he's still an RFA for the rest of the season, and if he doesn't sign at all, the whole QO process begins again next year.

14. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Definitely gotta wait and see what happens with bledsoe. Unfortunately no team with cap space will offer him what he wants to speed up the process.

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I wonder if Bledsoe regrets choosing Rich Paul to be his agent...

16. Aleron

We see it as "it's 3 months of no basketball" :(

The nba sees it as "it's 3 months of no basketball" :p

1 person likes this.
  17. forchette49

Thanks, that sounds horrible though, why would agents accept RFA as a part of their client's contracts? How typical or atypical is this? Usually only for second rounders or is it "hey, I will give you more money now, but... you'll have to be a RFA for year 4?"

18. Aleron

It's part of the first round draft pick structure, they don't really have a choice (it's why for example pekovic said he wouldn't come across if he was taken in the first round).

19. forchette49

Gives teams a chance to hold on to their draft picks if they become good (or other teams that acquire them with their bird rights), got it, still nasty business and it must work differently in football as it is more of a rarity IIRC.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No way he accepts a qualifying offer. He could get a team like Philly to offer him a one year contract at 10+ million. Why would Philly do it? Because they could get a tradeable asset at a bargain price and the worse thing that can happen is that Phoenix matches it. Why would Bledsoe do it. He gets 4+ million more than the qualifying offer and gets his freedom next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.