1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac unleashes a 50 pt game in a loss

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Oski2005, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

DENVER (Ticker) -- Tracy McGrady did everything but hit the final shot.

McGrady scored a league season-high 51 points but missed a potential tying 3-pointer with seven seconds left as the Orlando Magic suffered their eighth straight loss, a 106-101 setback to the Denver Nuggets.

McGrady, who fell one point short of his career high, shot 20-of-30 from the field, hitting a career-high eight 3-pointers. But the 6-9 superstar could not make his last one despite being guarded by 5-5 Earl Boykins, who raced downcourt for a fast-break layup.

Boykins scored 11 points in the fourth quarter and finished with 27, one shy of his career high. He also recorded the eighth blocked shot of his six-year career when he swatted Tyronn Lue's attempt early in the period.

Boykins hit two key shots down the stretch. His 3-pointer with 5:25 left capped an 8-2 run to make it 92-85, and a jumper from the right side beat the shot clock with 1:43 left for a 99-90 lead.

Andre Miller also scored 27 points for the Nuggets. Rookie Carmelo Anthony made just 6-of-23 shots but had his first double-double with 17 points and 14 rebounds.

---------------------------------------------

Well I guess he's found his drive to play again. Too bad the Magic still suck.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

that game was CRAZY. He had like what, 31 pts with 5mins to go and finishes the game with 51, unfreakingbelieveable. The only shot u couldnt make was a 3 pointer over Boykins.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Correction, double checked on ESPN, he had 19 pts in the 4th qtr alone. My fault. :(

4. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

Juwon Howard has been a disappointment so far. T-Mac has to carry the whole team on his shoulders.

5. dback816

dback816 Member

20 for 30 shooting

Insane :eek:

It's a shame that such talented player is surrounded by pure scrubs :mad:

However.....if Tmac dont bail out on those fools this season, Grant Hill could be back next season :D Could :D

Seriously, if Hill comes back at 60% then I say Orlando is East champ next year o_O

6. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

What happened to Gordon Giricek? Remember him? Haven't seen him play for a while.

7. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

My God. We tried putting Melo on him. We tried putting Barry on him. We put Nene and Elson on him. Nothing. The only shot he missed at the end was with Boykins on him.

I've never seen a shooting performance like that. Un-freakin-real.

8. prlen

prlen Member

BOYKINS BIG BOY

9. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

I love McGrady, but I wish he would slow down. He is going to single handledly defeat my Fantasy team this week.

8 three pointers. :mad:

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Giricek is injured. His shooting is being missed.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was the Boykins block a thing a beauty? I always enjoy seeing small guards get blocks...kind of like seeing a big man cross up a guard. It's just so unnatural looking it fascinates me.

12. SLA

SLA Member

Pat Garrity useless now?
    Last year..he got lots of playing time.
    Now it seems like Drew Gooden and Juwan Howard are playing 40 minutes a game.
    Garrity was decent...owned by Yao.
    Magic are really sucking. They are like 1-8 now? That is pretty sad...
    I saw some of the game and T-Mac look very focused and into the game...he was on fire! But unfortunately...his team lost.
    The Nuggets arena is so bright white! I don't really like it. Earl Boykins is the man!

13. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Hell yeah. I believe it was Tolbert (who most of the night was just annoying and stupid) who said "He's just 4,000 behind Hakeem now!"

14. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

First funny thing Tolbert said the entire night. Most of his jokes crashed and burned, and then George Karl would feel bad for him and crap out some little fake laugh. It was embarassing. Tolbert is hoooooooooorrrrrrrrible!

Regarding the actual game...that was one amazing performance by T-Mac. I, like everyone else, was questioning his drive when that one interview came out, but this game definitely changed my mind. McGrady is just flat out awesome. The rest of the Magic suck, especially Gooden, Hunter, and Howard, who are horrible to the max.

That fourth quarter by T-Mac was just beautiful to watch. He had a stone-faced expression the entire time, but you could see that he was doing his absolute best to win. A shame it just wasn't enough.

Props to Denver, and especially Boykins for the W, but T-Mac really deserved that game.

15. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Here's hoping! ;-)

16. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

And Boykins is on my team too. :)

17. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Who the heck expected much from him? The Washington Bullets from 96?

18. stubbyc

stubbyc Member

He is on my fantasy team and his field-goal percentage before that game had been killing me. Maybe he will start justifying me taking him 3rd overall in the draft.

19. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

T-mac needs help, He was carrying that team all night, Damn those scrubs.

20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Mcgrady scored 19pts. on 16 shots. Greatness? Isn't greatness measured a lot by consistancy? Mcgrady will be Jordan one night, then Cuttino Mobley the next.
    The man has some great games, he just can't make his team better and can't manage more than a 1-7 record in the Leastern Conference. And this is the league's 2nd or 3rd best player to some? :rolleyes: