1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else not upset at losing Dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dc1985, Jul 5, 2012.

1. dc1985

dc1985 Member

I would of liked to bring Dragic back but when you look at the contract the deal with the suns is almost identical to the offer we gave him. I believe Dragic just wanted to be in Phoenix. If that's the case let him go. I don't want players that don't WANT to be here (Martin, Lowry, Dwight Howard) If Dragic really wanted to be a Rocket he would of signed with us. He didn't he went somewhere else for just about the exact same amount of money we offered.

But hey its just my opinion.

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I'm not. Seems like the rockets went all in this draft and when things didn't turn out, Morey finally convinced Les into tanking/rebuilding. We just got three rookies from a deep class, have donuts coming over, lull in waiting, and parsons, scrub from last years draft.

Let the kids plays and wait to pay.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I certainly don't feel the way I do when I've lost loved ones, which is about how half the people here are acting.

4. Margrave

Margrave Member

I personally believe that Dragic is one of those guys who is going to be a top notch PG for years, so count me in as one that is upset.

And left handed players have a major advantage - a sad day to be a Rockets fan when the org is more willing to settle than it is to chase a winning team.

5. ThaShark316_28

I'll sleep well tonight. Love Dragic but

[​IMG]

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah whats up with the lack of threads yelling wtf?! and Fire muray!!

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Plenty of PG are out there but this will hurt for a while. I'll still watch him in Phoenix though.

Is there anyway we can pry Kendall Marshall from the Suns? :confused: I wouldn't mind him with all the young guys we have here :)

8. Big Time Titan

I give him credit for taking advantage of the opportunity to get paid after a contract year, can't hate him for that. BUT I'm not gonna miss him that much.

9. mic

mic Contributing Member

We let him walk for nothing. We probably won't get Lin. We're left with a disgruntled Lowry. Yeah, I'm pretty bummed.

10. amaru

amaru Member

I'm not......all we lost was a career backup who got hot at the tail end of a contract year.

He wasn't taking this team to the next level. Good luck in PHX

11. rocketseagles07

rockets fans playing damage control as usual. We don't want him if he doesn't want to be here, no need to pay that much, blah blah blah. The fact is Dragic was a good player with a lot of potential and we're an average team at best. Why wouldn't we be upset about losing him???

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He'll be pretty decent in Phoenix. But this is nothing I'm losing sleep over... people are seriously acting like we lost the next Magic. Get a grip fellas.

13. Margrave

Margrave Member

18pts 8assists 49% shooting - yeah, who is gonna miss that?

14. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I'm not we not winning a championship anytime soon... We still for Lowry on a nice contract I'm good...

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think some people on this site think we're talking about Magic instead of Dragic.

I think the franchise will manage to survive without Goran freakin' Dragic...

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

For half of a lockout shortened season. How about last year? 8 points 3 assists, yeah who's gonna miss that?

17. supa

supa Contributing Member

Because you just said he was a good player and we are an average team. If we were a good team or great team we do everything to keep him. Right now as the roster stands we won't be contending by the time his contract expires anyways. Save the money. Not sure I understand the Lin chase either he is on par to Goran to me and does the same thing to the team. Unless it's about the marketing dollars for Les???

18. conquistador#11

Yes and no. I think dragic will put up awesome stats and the suns will have the same amount of victories as the nets who has the greatest pg ever in D will. =/

we lost an exciting player in Gogi. But honestly, Ham can be just as good. Instead of splitting the double team, going between the legs, breakin westbrook's ankles, we are just going to settle for lowry powerdive for the lay up bruising westbrook.

Between ham and dragic, I believe they will both average around 17 have the same number of assists, Ham with more steals and rebounds. However, there is no doubt in me that ham will tweak his flopping techniques thus taking his game to another level.

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

He played well, but at the end of the day he was also at the helm during the collapse that was our last twelve games. He may be a paper tiger, I guess we'll see.

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Not upsetting at all, what has Dragic done to help Rockets winning? or even make the playoffs?

The Rockets was 13-12 when Dragic starting, next!