1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo vs. Lebron - who wins one-on-one

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by land_sharks, Apr 25, 2003.

1. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

A friend of mine and I discussed the other day, who should be the top pick in the NBA draft. My opinion is Lebron should be the first pick in the draft, everyday of the week and twice on Sunday; he disagreed saying Carmelo is the man, and that Carmelo could take LeBron in a one-on-one matchup. Being infatuated (only on the court, mind you) with each of the two, we didn't even consider Darko as a choice. My question is, in fantasy land (where the Rockets are in the playoffs sporting cool uni's) who wins a game of one-on-one between Carmelo and LeBron? If they were playing to 21, by ones with 2's scored for NBA 3's, what would be their final score?

I take LeBron at 21 - 13. I think LeBron dominates him off the ball, goes right, goes left, goes over (automatic 2's) and goes under. Carmelo is quality, but LeBron is bigger, stronger, and he crushed Lenny Cooke 21 - 9 at the Nike ABC camp. Cooke is no Carmelo, but he's not bad. I also could see LeBron finishing with a triple double, pts, boards, and assists. ; ) Dude can flat out pass and would probably pass to himself enough to lock down 10 highlight dimes.

Probably will be filed away in the "who cares?" archive that Clutch maintains, but I'm just curious. Settle our dispute, I'll let you be the judge...

Liking Francis and the trade to get him A LOT, regardless of the outcome on May 22; should the Rockets win 1,2 or 3...err...the Grizz win 1,2, or 3, I'll wet myself.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I could see Anthony being a better scorer at this point. But James will likely be better eventually and could already be a more rounded player than Carmelo.

3. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Well I like Carmelo better, but they have allready played a 1-0n-1 game before and Lebron beat Carmelo. That was when Carmelo was a jr. and Lebron was a sophmore in high school.