1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why I respect Kobe Bryant and why you should too.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Oct 29, 2014.

?

Do you respect Kobe's toughness?

1. Yes, I prefer old school basketball.

69.1%
  2. No, I like how soft the NBA has become.

30.9%
  1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

when dwight elbowed kobe in the chin, kobe ate that BOW like a CUPCAKE! he didn't even flinch or grimace! :eek: most players would have flailed their arms, held their face, and made the moment much more dramatic to sell it to the refs. kobe acted like it was just another play in a regular nba game!

don't get me wrong. i don't condone kobe applying a full court press 94 feet from the basket when he's down by 25 with 6 minutes left but i respect his competitive fire and toughness.

the nba has become so soft these days with all the foul calls and flopping but i love how kobe still maintains an old school attitude.

"It's fantastic," Bryant said. "That's the game. That's all part of the game. Elbows are a part of the game. Trash-talking is part of the game. I don't know where the NBA became so sensitive. It's all part of it."

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Heres what i think happened Kobe takes the bow, Dwight gets the foul called, Dwight gets mad cause he was already fouled by kobe... Kobe tells him he isnt the one that blew the whistle, Dwight calls him a p***y, Kobe says try me, Dwight knows kobe... and Kobes a racist.

both were immature but i do agree Kobe took that elbow like a champ and wasnt trying to get the refs to blow the whistle

4. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Kobe ate that elbow because he sought it out. He knew what he was doing getting in Dwight's face. He had two warning elbows before one made contact. Being a punk isn't the same as being tough.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Respect and the name Kobe Bryant should not be in the same sentence.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Or naw

Kobe is all talk and false bravado. Just ask Chris Childs. Ooh look how bad I want to win. I'm a competitor. F*** outta here. Kobe is a douche. Simple as that.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

patrick beverley is a pest and plays the same kind of defense (which i love). that's why his nickname is "mr. 94 feet."

are you calling patrick beverley a punk when he gets in other players faces?

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you can respect whoever you want to respect, i hate when fans tell you who you should respect

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's been that way for a long time now. Kobe is the last real star that has the old school mentally. that being said he knew what he was doing yesterday. a lot of it had to be out of frustration

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

mentaility*

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

fair enough. i should have just titled this thread "Why I Respect Kobe Bryant." :)

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Kobe Bryant and his contributions to the game.

But that play is already played out.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He lost his "competitive fire" label after the 2006 playoffs.

14. cebu

cebu Member

really? :confused::eek::eek:

15. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

go to lakersground and be on of the bi**** overthere.

1 person likes this.
  16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Agree, I think...

Sad that people's hate of Kobe deprives them from enjoying the play of one of the game's all time greats. Many have hated him, and few have beat him. And for that reason he's hated even more. Kobe isn't the first member of NBA royalty to be a douche, and won't be the last. However, there's a good chance that we won't see another player similar to him again.

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Completely respect Kobe Bryant for his game and greatness. Guys' a 5-time champion, in the top 5 in scoring, etc. My argument was merely that he wasn't the only reason he got all 5 of those. He's still one of the all-time great players.

It's just simply that he's irrelevant now b/c his team has no chance of making the playoffs, probably won't next year, and he might as well retire. He's really a non-story that the media is trying to make into a story.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Oh god here we go again.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Oh, it's going to be a long year for Laker's fans.

Even when he was good, Kobe has always been douchetastic.

20. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

So now we are comparing tight defense to blatant fouling? There is a reason a whistle should have been called before it even got to that point, and it was on Kobe.