1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard tired of LA and wants to be a Rocket?????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ApuN, Apr 29, 2013.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

hope she is right

we would have a superteam that could compete with the Thunder for years to come, i wouldnt mind going after a vet like Tony Allen as well

and Lin and Harden would actually be able to throw lobs again

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Misinterpreting a tweet to the extreme.

But whatever, that's okay!

And clearly after just being ejected last night, he told Mitch he's off to Houston!

Oh what's that? He took a poop in the shape of a h? Clearly he wants to be in Houston!

Gonna be a long 2 months. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly. A guy said this to her:

https://twitter.com/donpertha/status/328687646652125185

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/christine_vest">christine_vest</a> Dwight is going to be OK. im tired of Lakers fans and the media blaming him for this pitiful season.love t s him in houston.</p>&mdash; Don Pertha (@donpertha) <a href="https://twitter.com/donpertha/status/328687646652125185">April 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And she replied, "Agreed!" To me, that just means she's tired of Dwight being blamed. Not exactly a huge endorsement of Dwight going to Houston, if you ask me.

4. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I got this from my brother facebook page and I cant find the actual source. It says NBA 24/7 but there is no actual website....It's some kind of facebook fan page for the NBA but not sure how credible it is...that's why I didn't start a thread for it and there is no link.

NBA Rumors: Dwight Howard discusses the Rockets

Last night, after a tough loss everyone in the media were interested in Dwight. Jalen Rose, from ESPN asked Dwight of what he thinks about the Rockets.

"I like their team to be honest with you," Howard said when discussing the Rockets. "They're a great team. They're young. They play hard. They're scrappy. They play together. Everything they do has been great. It's fun to watch them." ¨

After hearing nothing but negativity all summer about the Rockets' prospects of keeping Howard if they acquired him, this story is certainly a breath of fresh air. Obviously, a lot changed when the Rockets got Harden in a red jersey, and that's worth noting with respect to all free agents, not just Howard.

Do you want to see Dwight Howard in Houston?

5. cdastros

cdastros Member

Can we get Dwight and Josh Smith in a sign and trade?

6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Lots of people in the media seem to need some reading comprehension lessons:)

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Those comments, while accurate, were made at the All-Star Game two months ago. Nothing new.

8. Felixthecat

ahh no wonder! Thanks man! Glad I didn't jump the gun and create a thread. My brother called me uber excited and made me catch wood too. Oh well....at least he did say it.

One question though...Why does it say after a tough loss?

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think because the Thursday before the ASG, the Lakers got humiliated by the Clippers at home. Friday of All-Star Weekend is "media day", so to speak.

10. Raven

Raven Member

If The Rockets wants to help their odds of landing Dwight, not getting swept would be a good start.

11. Felixthecat

It's going to be a long off season...lol.

12. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Why exactly? Ohhh boy, they won one game, they are going places. He sees the talent. The playoff results mean nothing in his decision.

13. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

You should see how Daryl Morey tweets! The worst, but you can only fit so many words in 140 characters.

14. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Younger, Faster, Fearless and Inexperienced team getting Swept > Big bad Lakers getting swept

15. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Doesn't even have to do with that.

Dwight isn't on our team that got swept, he is on a Lakers team that WITH him are the same record as us.

When you add him to the Rockets that will add X amount of wins.

16. hlcc

hlcc Member

funny how that worked out for the Lakers

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Man that's some crappy logic.

Old team full of veterans and 3 hall of farmers vs the youngest most inexperienced team in the NBA. Same record yes. Same future? LOL.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I agree with you, and I feel like Dwight in a Rockets uniform is EXACTLY what this team needs to take that next step into championship contention. However, what was the value of X this past season for the Lakers when they added Dwight and Nash to the mix? That's the reason why I don't think players can get too caught up in the virtual success of a roster on paper. The only guarantee for them is the money in their contract.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's agreeing with your point. He's saying that this Houston team that's younger and more inexperienced finished with the same record as that veteran team with 3 HOFers....therefore adding Dwight to the Rockets would increase the Rockets wins by X amount from what they ALREADY have, which is obviously equal to what the Lakers have.