1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why I respect Kobe Bryant and why you should too.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Oct 29, 2014.

?

Do you respect Kobe's toughness?

1. Yes, I prefer old school basketball.

69.1%
  2. No, I like how soft the NBA has become.

30.9%
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I stopped reading your original post after you said Kobe ate that elbow like a cupcake. Kobe knows only Dwight gets screwed in that situation. Dwight didn't even throw an elbow either. He put his elbows out like any rebounder should. Kobe just stuck his face in there.

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I guess it was just me who thought he barely got touched and that that's what happens when you stick your face and try to strip the ball from a center who is bigger and stronger than you.

That play STILL makes no sense to me. How did they assess a foul on Kobe, and how/why did both players get two technical free throws? It made no sense. If Kobe fouled him, then call the foul and stop the play. Don't wait till Howard "fouls" Kobe, review the play and determine that Kobe fouled Howard first. It was clear that the ref put the foul on Howard first. So how did they come back and determine it was in fact on Kobe, but both players got two tech free throws?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

it was a personal foul on Kobe..after review they gave Howard a flagrant 1 because the elbow connected and that will get called every time if its reviewed. then a double tech for both. Howard shot two cause they were already in the bonus.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

They originally called a personal foul on Howard for the elbow. Watch the video. The ref clearly points to howard and makes an elbow motion. Then, they reviewed the play to determine whether or not it was a 1 or a 2, THEN they came out and gave Howard a flagrant 1 AND Kobe a foul AND both players got two tech free throws...

5. Nook

Nook Member

Kobe Bryant is a rapist.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

The technical fouls make more sense now, but then again, if there was a foul on Kobe AND a tech, why didn't he get 3? 2 for the foul, 1 for the tech?

7. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Respect the guy that collided knees and effectively ended Yao's career? The one that threw cheap shots to Shane and not a whistle to be heard? FK him. I'm a Rocket fan and appreciate his skillset and determination to be great, but I sure as hell don't respect him.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

Why hasnt this guy been banned yet? He's a troll. He's been trolling all offseason

9. gambingo

gambingo Member

He's just a sore loser, plain and simple. It's only a matter of time before he takes it out on his teammates like he did in the past.

10. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I got neg repped for talking bad about Kobe Bryant and Chandler Parsons. Is this really ClutchFans?

1 person likes this.
  11. Exiled

Exiled Member

A desperate guy who care only about his ego, taking cheap shots at his opponent with a pathetic no class crowd deserve your respect?

Is this poll for real

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lol! who negged you?!

13. basketballholic

Kobe's stubbornness and disrespect of multiple teammates has cost him multiple championships.

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Kobe raped that girl...screw him..

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe is lashing out his last breath. He knows his sun is setting and he is angry at Dwight for not bringing him that 6th ring he will never get.

Kobe has to live with the fact that he will never measure up to MJ.

16. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

kobe can suck a dick...

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Kobe is from another world man, I watched a re-run of the Warriors/Lakers game and saw his 3rd quarter and WOW, he still has it, the man was playing like a energized 20 year old! Totally amazing. It may not be safe to say Harden is the best SG in the league this year if Kobe keeps it up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y9058JOGlzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Again **** Kobe and this gay ass thread.... No respect for that rapist.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Kobe has one of the most aesthetically pleasing games in the history of basketball. Watching him in the zone is unreal. Hitting a fall away step back jumper over two defenders at 36 years old and touching "nothing but net" is honestly amazing.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

he cheated on his wife but didnt rape her