1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

I bet he'll stay here till end of 2015 season.
    2016 is another big story for all other NBA teams.

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

While I agree we need to slow down, since we saw how we couldn't run against the Blazers as much as we liked and already knew this style does not suit the playoffs, McHale is not the coach it's going to happen under. Simply put: he can't do it, because it will expose him and his coaching staff even more since more plays will have to be called and they have to work harder since Dwight has to get open in certain areas / get to certain spots.

I just hope if McHale goes, it's during the season and not at the end because we might make it out of the first round because of talent and yet it will give Morey and Leslie an excuse to keep him on.

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

At most one more year left. I'm ready.

4. robinjaswal23

robinjaswal23 Member

I wouldn't mind Alvin Gentry or Nate Mcnillan as coach

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yeah I bumped this thread....

McHale may suck tomorrow, but for the first 4 games he's actually being doing ok...

So for all those who want to beat the man down and call him McFail when he messes up, have the guts to give the man his props when he's doing well...

T_Man

1 person likes this.
  6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

What about Becky Hammon? She'd be an upgrade over McFail as well.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

this team is always in a conundrum...take your pick

you can have a great squad with a good coach, but the caveat is you lose your players to injury (07-09)

or you can have a good coach and healthy players, but a mediocre squad (09-11)

or you can have a good squad, healthy players, but a ****ty coach (12-present)

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The coaches you are calling good, are the same coaches that ClutchFans wanted fired.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we also thought dally-bear sucked, but at this point we'd kill to have him backing up dwight :grin:

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i don't think the coaches fired were justified...we were plagued by injury for so long...

now that we have a good squad...why do we find ourselves playing down to the level of competition?

11. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

can we wait until we lose a game, or win by less than double digits before we keep piling on lol

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

We are 4-0, and have won each game easily. We weren't very sharp last night, but it was a pretty easy win. Our record has improved every year since McHale has become coach. I tend to focus on the players more than the coaches. We have two superstar players. We will go as far as those two players take us.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I've actually seen us run plays after timeouts and make ingame adjustments.

In the 4th, we went away from feeding Howard in the post to having him set screens in the high post.

Probably since this is the last year of his contract, McHale is coaching harder or he has actually improved. Contracts of Finch and Bickerstaff may also be up, that's why they're on their toes.

1 person likes this.
  14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well, at least everyone will admit McHale was so right to choose Bev over Lin.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Coaches calling timeouts to draw up an offensive play are much less successful than coaches who just let their team play on. Timeouts benefit the defense much more than the offense.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Not every posession of course but there still needs to be a philosophy. Move the ball and set screens. We don't even do that!

Give to Harden and stand around **** is stagnant.

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

Oh how things have changed.

James Harden is on pace to win the MVP.

Kevin McHale is on pace to win COY.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Pretty much. Even when the Rockets are playing near flawless basketball fans here cannot see how well the players and organization and the coaching staff fit together. It is a very good thing that fans have no say in the Rockets philosophy and decisions.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

We were even apparently wrong about the importance of bringing in a big name assistant coach like Hollins. That Lillard shot last season was probably the best thing that could've happened to this team. No better teaching moment than that. No coach could've motivated the team to focus on the "little things" more than that shot and that moment.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The Rockets are playing basketball as envisioned by Morey and McHale. And it is a beautiful thing. Getting rid of Parsons and Lin was addition by subtraction. They continually pounded the rock, when the only person on the Rockets team who should ever have that privilege is Harden. Harden surrounded by four spot up shooters is beautiful basketball. I thought that was obvious a long time ago, and if I saw it you can be assured that McHale and Morey saw it. Yet somehow they were unable to get player buy in. And now those players are gone.