1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baron Davis, Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury commercial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by yipengzhao, Dec 9, 2003.

1. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Have you guys seen the commercial with those three, I think they're advertising espn basketball the video game. But in the end it goes "I'm Baron"..."Steve..." "Starbury..."

But in the beginning there's this one part I find really ironic, I think it's Francis that goes: "when someone's feelin' it, I give him the rock" or something. But the ironic thing is that they're the 3 most shot happy PGs in the league.

Anyway, what also annoys me is how Marbury calls himself Starbury... it sounds really gay.

Also, there's another one with Amare, Jermain O'neal, and CWebb, where they go, am I a forward? guard? Okay that only applies to CWebb. Amare is one of those players that play for 30 minutes a game and manages to average less than one assist.

Am I the only one bothered by these commercials?

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

No. "Starbury" annoys the f*** out of me as well.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Marbury gave himself the nickname "Starbury". What a dumb ass.

On a sidenote, leave it to the Suns to help Orlando break its 19 game losing streak! :D

Where the hell are those Suns fans that were proclaiming how the Susn are on a verge of building a dynasty? :rolleyes:

4. yipengzhao

Yeah I really don't like the Suns. They don't have the peices for a championship. On paper they look great but in reality... the Matrix is okay, but he is not going to consistently give you great games. Amare... too raw and will be for the next 5 years. "Starbury" as a player is okay, I mean he's a tough, hard nosed player, but he lacks that winning edge. You know the kind that the greats had, Cousy, West, etc... I wonder if the same can be said about Steve.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Really? I missed that...

The Suns got eclipsed .

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I love the shot where they show Yao in the game with his hand up, yelling at steve for the ball.

.. and he never.. gets it...

7. yipengzhao

hahahahahaha.... if that's true then it's hilarious... but I thought in the commercial Steve jams it in there. Someone verify?

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

They show a clip from Live 04 during the commercial.

I think Yao is posting up Duncan.

It's a short clip.. it comes right after steve says "if someone's feelin it.. I give em the rock"

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

how long before there's a thread in the GARM bashing video game steve francis?

10. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I agree. How annoying is a commercial where a player refers to himself with such an asinine name as "Starbury".

11. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

vince already has vinsanity, air canada, and half man, half amazing. he can't have them all. plus, shawn marion does jump ridiculously well, even if his dunks aren't always that creative. and i actually like the nickname starbury (if not the actual player that much), but that's just me.

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I believe The Matrix is credited to Kenny Smith, because Marion appears to be hanging in suspended animation a la The Matrix when he dunks...

14. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Isn't Starbury a flavor of from Lucky Charms cereal? That is so lame.