1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Jordan Hill?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Dec 6, 2011.

1. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Seems to me everyone has him behind

Scola/ Patterson/ Hayes and even Thabeet..

He was our back up C/PF last year..

Should we package him in a trade? Or should we have him play more back up C/PF.. He sure seems to be the forgotten man on the team at this current moment.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He look ok

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If he pans out, he pans out.

If he dies, he dies.

1 person likes this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Alot of players said they were really impressed with him over the summer.

I expect he will be better and could play alot of center this season, especially if Hayes is on his way out.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

"A police is in da apple store checking his facebook... And u wonder y da crime rate going up"

-Jordan hill via twitter

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wonder what happened to our country to break the intelligence to income correlation curve.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

I mean, I don't doubt that Hill has worked on his game, but the problem with him is mainly mental (basketball IQ, focus). Hard to show improvement in those areas in pick-up games.

9. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I had more faith in this guy before I found out how truly ghetto he is.. He drives an donk that is ugly as sin, but I still have faith in him. He is one of my favorite players on this team.. If if were up to me, Morris and Hill would be starting next to Lowry, Martin and Scola..

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I keep hearing this, but rarely see it.

Please provide specific games/examples

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

He doesn't seem to understand the concept of help defense, often just not rotating/helping at all. If he does, in many cases it's simply (way) too late.

On offense, he has tunnel vision and it seemed like he had a hard time learning/understanding the offense, as he was often out of position when a play was called.
    It was so bad, I actually was suprised when he was in position to make a play for once.

A while ago I 'broke down' the Corner Offense, which -- in case you don't know -- is the staple of Rick Adelman's offense.
    McHale recently said the Rockets ran the corner offense 75-80% of the time. Now, there's no way that number is accurate (it's probably somewhere in the 25-45% range), but they sure did run a lot of it.

Now, watch this video of random clips and tell me how often Jordan Hill was involved.
    I'd have to go back and watch for myself, but I'd put the over/under at 1.5.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dwhaW2nVVcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why? Because Adelman obviously thought twice about running an offense that involves any kind of thinking when Jordan Hill was on the floor.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He has the talent, but not the brain.

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Don’t expect much from him; he was given a lot of opportunities last season and he sucks.

We currently have a log jam at PF, and I’m more curious to see what Thabeet can do at C than Hill. Thabeet at least put in the work to get noticeably stronger this offseason, unlike Hill (again…)

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This.

Just read some of his tweets. Is it even English? :confused:

15. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Outside of Patterson and Morris, I have no confidence in any of our bigs this season.

Hill is mediocre at best and is highly inconsistent.

Thabeet just plain sucks and seems like he can't even walk and chew gum at the same time. At least Hill showed some potential.

I'm praying Patterson, Scola and Lowry's work ethic rubs off on them but it's unlikely.

Our fate rests in the hand of Lowry, Patterson and Morris to take that next step. Scola and Martin are who they are.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You do not have to be smart to play basketball, quick thinking is more important...the ability to react more quickly than others is more important than overall intellect, IMO.

DD

17. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Neither Hill or Thabeet possess that. They might even regress if Chuck leaves and that locker room presence is gone.

Only bigs I have confidence in are Patterson and Morris.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Brain is part of talent.

Best Regards,

Stromile Swift

20. egr281

egr281 Member

idk if jhill will improve that much... it just seems like basketball doesnt come natural to him, his movements arent smooth or fluid.. and his footwork is really stiff... i hope with more practice and reps he improves i just dont see his ceilig as being more than hakeem warrick