1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case Keenum, the GREAT

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donatas, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donatas

donatas Member

[​IMG]

He will be our starting QB Week 1 of the 2014 season.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I... Don't think so.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Fire (yet to be named head coach)!

If we go into next season with Case as the starter, that's a serious failure in leadership.

4. IPSAC

IPSAC Member

I want it to happen so bad but so far I haven't seen anything that would make me believe his a starting caliber QB in this league.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That sounds good brother, but we may be reaching.

Go Case!

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sounds like we will draft Jameis Winston 2015. No chance Keenum starts week one next season. Uncle bob will find a way to bring in a nfl caliber qb

7. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Troll Post right?

8. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

If Case does anything to prove himself this season, it means we've probably screwed up our chances at the #1 pick.

9. underrated015

underrated015 Member

So ur saying we are drafting clowney. I'm good with that but he's got to learn to read the blitz faster.

10. donatas

donatas Member

This. I believe we will draft Clowney and draft a QB in the 2nd. Training CampQb position is opened up for competition. Case wins.

11. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I take it you want us to draft Clowney and then Mariota next year.

12. donatas

donatas Member

No. I believe in Case's IT factor. He'll pick up on the small things like the blitz and such. Playbook should be more open now that Kubiak is out the way. :cool:

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd love for that to be the case...but he has to really impress these final 3 weeks. He'll have to compete toe to toe with Luck and Manning. Let's hope Dennison gives him some shotgun sets to operate out of. Just let the kid fling it.

14. Antec

Antec Member

15. donatas

donatas Member

16. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Depends on the coach. Seems we're leaning defense minded like love, but if we got either briles or sumlin I think it's a no brainer to start Keenum next year. Not only can he run their offense, he has run their offense and knows them both. Take clowney.

17. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

I hope so.

If he starts next year, it would mean that he did enough the next three games and next year's training to convinced the new coaches that he deserved it.

He played great the first few games. Last few games are disappointment (except the New England game).

I still have hope for him.

There is no Franchise quarterback in this year's draft.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If he starts and keeps getting overmatched by any and every blitz, then we can get Jameis Winston in the next draft!

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

man do texans fans overrate the crap out of players. Even before this dude ever stepped on the field.

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm not sold on him, but I'm also not ready to say he can't be a very good starter in this league. I'm not sure why everyone is sitting here ready to say he can or can't be the guy. We all need to realize that guys like Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick came into practically perfect situations - as in they had great o-lines and a great running game. Not every good QB dominates in their first year.

Just for comparison sake (please don't interpret this as me saying he is as good as these guys or will be, I just think he has potential), look at Brees and Andrew Luck in their first years as a starter on mediocre/bad teams.

Drew Brees
    '02 (SD): 60% comp, 17 TD, 16 INT, 76.8 QBR
    '03 (SD): 57% comp, 11 TD, 15 INT, 67.5 QBR

In '04 he came into his own and lit it up.

Andrew Luck
    '12: 54% comp, 23 TD, 18 INT, 76.5 QBR
    '13: 58% comp, 19 TD, 8 INT, 85.4 QBR (in progress)

Case Keenum
    '13: 54% comp, 9 TD, 4 INT, 83.7 QBR

There is clearly some concern as most of his numbers were put up in his first two games, but I think if he can learn to hit the short and intermediate routes, and we improve upon the offensive line, we could see a huge difference.

His head is likely spinning right now at the rate the season is going, but he has the work ethic that I think will help him succeed with another offseason of preparation. I still draft a QB in the first 2 rounds, but Case is my starter going into next season barring a meltdown these last three games.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.