1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Guys who dont have a jumper dont shoot 40 percemt from 3 for a season.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is better rebounder and passer. He is also a more versatile defender. He can go from curry to mo speights..

3. Drogba

Drogba Member

There's no way on earth Jordan is a better defender than LeBron wtf. LeBron is literally the Cavs defensive anchor.

ak99999 and rm365 like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yep. It happens in the NFL, whoever had the fun year out of Brady/Manning would get momentarily anointed God. Jordan still has a significant lead IMO.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

1.MJ
    2.Wilt
    3.Magic
    4.Kareem
    5.Bird
    6.LeBron

Congrats to LeBron and his teammates. **** the city of Cleveland and their ****ty fans and **** Dan Gilbert. They didn't deserve it and don't deserve LeBron.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How are Magic and Bird ahead of Lebron?
    Lebron does what they do, plus more.
    And that's ignoring the fact he's a step (or two) above them defensively.

rm365 likes this.
  7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I have LeBron as #2 all time for me.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Numbers are on MJ's side. Highlight blocks are cool and memorable but don't forget MJ is the #1 shot blocker of all time for guards. Imagine if MJ played a full career with no retirements or broken foot. MJ averaged a 3 year run of 1.5bpg as a SG(his 2nd year he only played 18 games), peaking at 1.6bpg in a full 82 game season. That's insane.

LeBron at his size and athleticism averaged over a block 3 times in his career in 3 straight seasons peaking at 1.1bpg.

Of course advanced stats show at 31 years old, its closer in terms of BLK% MJ at 1.6BLK% and LeBron at 1.5% for their careers. That's not a good thing for LeBron with such physical gifts.

Jordan obviously the better at steals so not worth mentioning. Jordan's got better Defensive Win Shares, though LeBron's got the better 1 year peak in 08, but it didn't result in a ring. Jordans peak was on a 72 win championship team and still the undisputed GOAT team.

As far as people saying he's better all around. It's hard to say since MJ played so long in a system that doesn't really allow a player to be ball dominant. LeBron's assists would definitely take a hit if he played in the triangle offense.

I don't think people truly understand what he did when he moved to PG in the 88-89 season. I fully believe MJ could have been the greatest PG ever and been the closest to average a triple double in a season if he focused on just that. He didn't even get to play the full season at pg and averaged 8rpg and 8apg(closer to a triple double than LeBron's best season). Oh and of course just a measly 32.5ppg.
    In that run at point guard, Michael Jordan averaged 30.4ppg, 9.2rpg, 10.7apg, 2.5spg, 1bpg. 7 straight triple doubles, 10 in 11 games IIRC including a near quadruple double. 12 in 24 games. 15 total for the season. 3 shy of Magic Johnsons record and remember MJ only did all of this damage as a point guard for 24 or i think 27 games. He missed 4 more triple doubles each by either a single steal, a block or a rebound. Michael Jordan is not a myth.

“I don’t like it,” Atlanta Hawks guard Doc Rivers said. “I think it’s terrible. It’s not fair.”
    “He was a nightmare already,” Hawks coach Mike Fratello said. “Now, he gets the ball even more.”
    “Everybody wonders why they didn’t do it before,” Golden State coach Don Nelson said.
    “Everybody has to watch him with the ball,” Clyde Drexler said. “The other guys are free to roam, and their shooting percentages are going to soar. I think (Jordan) handles the ball better than Magic. (Jordan) just makes everybody else better. When he gets used to that position . . . “
    “The beauty of Michael Jordan at point guard is he can walk through the whole game and save himself for the fourth quarter,” Nelson said. “Then, he can turn it on or wait on any one point when he feels it’s necessary.”

Let's continue.

Are rebounds worth mentioning? LeBron is 6'8 250 lbs. He's actually a disappointing rebounder for his size and physical gifts. Larry is a much better rebounder at like 5% of LeBrons gifts. Lets talk about it anyway. Lebron has the better raw rebound numbers, but then you look deeper and realize Michael Jordan played with Scottie Pippen who is nearly equal to LeBron(LeBron career 7.2rpg, Pippen 6.9rpg at 31). MJ also played with Horace Grant who is one of the greatest offensive rebounders of all time. Then of course...he only played with the greatest rebounder of all time in Dennis Rodman.

With all of that taken into account and looking at Total Rebound %. Scottie Pippen is actually a better rebounder than LeBron and Michael Jordan incredibly is not that far off from LeBron's % All of that and LeBron has never really played with a dominating rebounder in the front court. Bird played with massive front lines and out rebounded them.

All things considered, LeBron can't outscore MJ, doesn't out block or steal MJ. Doesn't really do anything defensively to stand out from MJ, and advanced stats show LeBron doesn't really rebound and pass THAT much better than MJ to be placed ahead or even equal to MJ. I mean, if LeBron's big thing is being the best all around player, he's not even a better passer and rebounder than Magic and he's way behind Larry as a rebounder and pretty much equal a passer as Larry and Larry didn't have the ball in his hands all game long like LeBron. LeBron and Bird are actually exactly equal in career steals and blocks per game. Bird and Magic are generally ranked behind MJ and i think both Bird/Magic accomplished much more in less time than LeBron so i can't even place LeBron over them.

Just my opinion of course. All i know is not to listen to Mark Jackson. That guy is an idiot. "at the end of the day, Kobe Bryant will go down as the greatest player of all time!" Fast forward to this finals. "IF LeBron James wins this. He's the greatest player of all time!" That ****ing guy lives in the moment every freaking time. Can't take his opinion seriously.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

LeBron is arguably the best all around player ever. Jordan was the best all around offensive player, he could beat you in so many ways. And of course he was a defensive player of the year himself, but as mentioned, LeBron can anchor the paint, and guard guys in the perimeter very effectively.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Jordan was a DPOY.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

1a. Hakeem
    1b. Jordan
    3. LerBon

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree MJ is still GOAT, his legacy is amazing. However Lebron is catching up he should be top 2 right now and if he wins a couple more time he should be the GOAT.

Btw Lebron would have been more dominant in MJ's era, because he has Malone's body with Kobe's speed and quickness. Most people forget this because in today's NBA prevents contact but if Lebron was allowed to be physical he would dominate every single SG and SF out there. There was no need for a consistent jumper in the 80's if you can't shoot just handcheck the other dude and he's guaranteed to shoot worse than you. I doubt MJ can do anything to Lebron he's like a stickman compared to how ripped LBJ would be in the 80's.

13. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Scottie Pippen was as good if not a better defender than Jordan. He never won DPOY.

14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PSpnQ2X-klY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Just freaking incredible how is Lebron faster in an actual game than an NFL runningback running in a straight line despite being 50 pounds heavier?

I think this is a better highlight than MJ's "The Shot". That had MJ throwing his defender to the ground in order to be open (technically a foul should have been called), this one is just pure athleticism on display.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The scary part is that it was a comfortable block for him if you look at his hand actually having ample downward motion. It could have been a half a second late, or him a couple more feet behind in the chase and he would have still blocked it.

Holy ****.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

LeBron should have been a couple years ago in Miami but the award was given to DeAndre IIRC.

18. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

19. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Hey. All you Lebron Fans. He's on the bench watching his team still get his butt kicked live.

Yeah, MJ never did that.

Shut up Lebron fans. You're a disgrace.

20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

nice copy/paste job bro.......