1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's on our radar? [RealGM] Player Workout list updated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acshen, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

mighn't mean much. teams tend to work out groups of players together who play similiar positions.

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

these also appear to be candidates for undrafted free agents or second round picks.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Haven't all the other teams worked out a score or more? I know there was a shared work-out (or was it two?) but this seems a really small number. :confused:

That said, I think these w/o's are dangerous. Stromile Swift-types excel but bomb while others can play basketball but look poor in 1-on-1s etc. :confused:

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Brazelton looks like a good pick up for a Round 2.. same with Burrell. Everybody else looks like junk

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We're working out MC Hammer??? Isn't he a little old???

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Excellent footwork, though.

8. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I know for a fact Houston has looked at CDR and Bill Walker, plus Clutch added that they liked Rush, Hendrix, plus others. I just think Realgm doesnt have much scouting info from the Rockets, not that they havent had they eyes on the draft.

9. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

yeah I know I heard that they did but RealGM pointed out some 2nd rounders that I hadn't heard about so I thought I'd share them with the GARM

10. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

He's too legit to quit.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. this has nothing to do with our #25.

12. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Was DJ Augustin guarding Burrell? I didn't think he was known for defense. :p

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

Rockets Believe Moving Up In Draft Unlikely

Jun 22, 2008 3:33 AM EST

In each of the last two NBA Drafts the Houston Rockets have identified a player to target but then failed in their attempts to move up to acquire that player, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

The players they wanted - Brandon Roy in 2006 and Rudy Fernandez last season - were taken just two spots before the Rockets' position in the draft.

This season, they're hoping to land the player they want at their own draft position, which is selection 25.

While the team is targeting players who will unlikely be available when it is Houston's turn to pick, they know that the likelihood of getting them is not good.

"Our basic planning is we'll pick 25 and 54," GM Daryl Morey said. "That's the most likely outcome. I do think the shallow drop-off of talent from let's say 16 to 40 creates opportunities for teams to want to trade because the differences of opinion create opportunity. Both teams can feel they're getting what they want."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_teams/houston/2008/06/

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It could signal that a trade to move up is in the works with Aaron Brooks as one of the pieces. They are looking for a replacement PG of the future.

15. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Thank you- I laughed out loud at this----Hamma time!

16. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

I love this song when i was a kid. :D