1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Coaches frustrated w/Clowney, some Players say he's a diva

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NateNate, Oct 16, 2014.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

Hope the diva part isn't true. During interviews he always sounds like he's itching to get back on the field.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Clowney Injury News: per source, Texans coaches growing frustrated with Jadeveon, want him to play Monday. Clowney wants to wait until 100%</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/522914744051589121">October 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Clowney injury cont'd... Some Texans players feel as if Clowney is a &quot;diva&quot; &amp; is being &quot;babied&quot; due to being the #1 pick.</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/522915256536797184">October 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1) Who the hell is Jayson Braddock?

2) If Clowney is, say, 70%, then he shouldn't play. If he's closer to 90-95%, then yeah, I think he should be out there.

2) It wouldn't shock me if Clowney has some diva in him, but this also just sounds like typical click-bait noise.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

is this for real?

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I think Braddock reported Brooks being out last week before anyone else did.

5. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Never heard of Jayson Braddock.

6. conquistador#11

i think he is the ceo of his own fantasy football team.
    i think i can vouch for him.

7. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Jason (I hate people that add letters to normal names to seem "special") Braddock sounds like a diva.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Braddock has had a few stories before anyone else and all of them were accurate. This is really disturbing.

9. JazzLakerHater

If it makes you guys feel better, this idiot rated Brett Smith as the best QB prospect last year. Yeah I wouldn't worry.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Big difference between player evaluation and having a source in the Texans. Most media here are scared to piss the Texans off so they never break anything.

11. vince

vince Member

Is the player calling him a diva, Whitney Mercilus?

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This is bunk, it's not up to Clowney or Coaches on whether he plays. It's 100% the docs to clear him medically. If he is cleared, he'll play. If not cleared, won't play. Simple as that.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Not really shocking to hear this considering both Clowney and the management are concerned about his long-term health, while the coaching staff and other players are more concerned about winning here and now. I don't think it's a big deal though.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

this is not surprising.

clowney had some major red flags coming out of college.

15. Major

Major Member

Similar thing happened in college:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...elf-scratch/Oev32N2f7vxr1JlNVeEe3J/story.html

Clowney told Spurrier he couldn't play. Spurrier implied it was Clowney's decision, and that doctors and trainers said no such thing. Spurrier was publicly pretty pissed off in the postgame and said Clowney will play whenever he wants to play.

Spurrier said his frustration came more from the way he learned his star defender would be out rather than him missing the game.

‘‘“If he wants to play, we’ll welcome him to come play for the team if he wants to,” Spurrier said. “If he doesn’t want to play, he doesn’t have to.”

It’s the latest in a season of illness, injuries, and ineffectiveness for the 6-foot-6-inch, 274-pound Clowney, who figured to dominate.

Usually, the doctor or the trainer comes and tells you a guy will be out,’’ he said. ‘‘That did not happen last night.’’

‘‘On the other side,’’ Spurrier continued, ‘‘if a player’s in pain, I don’t want him to play, none of us do.’’

When asked about Clowney’s commitment to the Gamecocks, Spurrier replied, ‘‘You’ll have to ask him that.’’

16. Nook

Nook Member

In other news: water is wet...

This is troubling but not at all surprising. He did the same thing in college.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

And the sky is blue. :)

[​IMG]

#17 J.R., Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  18. Nook

Nook Member

All I know is that the Texans lost every single game for 4 straight months last year ... and were granted the #1 pick.... The season is now almost half over and the Texans have gotten ZERO contribution from the #1 pick, NONE.

All the signs were there with Clowney in college.

1 person likes this.
  19. NateNate

NateNate Member

I'm more surprised some of you guys don't known who Jayson Braddock is. He's legit and also great on the radio.

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Foster does the same thing