1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing getting an MRI today?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nero, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Nero

Nero Member

ND and Greg on 790 passed along a tweet - RUMOR - that Cushing is getting an MRI on his knee today...

Has anyone heard anything of this yet? Hopefully this is either not true, or else it's nothing serious. Cushing needs to be healthy for a full year, heck for the rest of his career. He has had more than enough adversity for one player.

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

why do you care? you realize he doesnt play for dallas, right?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brian Cushing has a scheduled MRI on his knee for today. Not sure if precautionary or not.</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/519149578969288705">October 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. conquistador#11

it's like groundhog day.

5. Nero

Nero Member

Because I am a fan of the Texans as well. Not MY problem if you can't grasp that very simple concept.

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

well... to me you're trying to save face with this post.

i recall you posting "scoreboard" in the game day thread.

nothing but a troll.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Damn October is a horrible month for Cush. This would be 3 years in a row.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Cushing had yet to look like his old self. He's also playing a significant less amount of snaps compared to his usual work load.

If this is in fact the beginning of the end, it may be time to move Reed inside and see if he can salvage something for himself... Because he sure ain't getting it done on the outside in spite of never ever (ever) being doubled.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Aw hell...
    [​IMG]

10. Classic

Classic Member

again

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Knowing Cush this is going to be another setback. Time to cut him loose he can't stay healthy.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

We'll see. Certainly hope he is ok. The dude has played in 12 of 32 games in the previous 2 years was a giant ? coming into the year. You had to plan on injuries to Cush, Foster and Johnson based on their history. It's that injury to Clowney that really messes up expectations.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

He has yet to look like his old self because he is being told to do different things. He didn't have free ranger like he did under Wade Phillips.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused:

That's impossible. :eek:

16. yo

yo Contributing Member

Doesn't work that way.

17. Nero

Nero Member

Well, you're wrong.

Where were YOU when Renfro's feet WERE down and the refs got it wrong? *I* was watching and was devastated.

Where were YOU during 'Stagger Lee'? I was screaming at that rotten little runt in black.

Where were you when Joe Freaking Montana came in with the freaking CHIEFS and beat the best team the Oilers ever had in the playoffs? I was dying.

Where were you during 35-3? I was watching and screaming along with hundreds of people who had all stopped what they were doing to watch and pray that.. this.. was.. not.. happening. But it did.

Granted, there has never been a whole heck of a lot to cheer for with the Texans until the last few years. But there have been some, and I have been right there with them every step of the way.

My father was a huge Cowboys fan, going all the way back to when they were an expansion team. Some of my favorite memories when I was little were the times we watched the Cowboys together every Sunday. Being a Cowboys fan is a part of me, always has been and always will be.

But I have always also cared for the Houston teams, because I have lived in the area most of my life, and have had more direct exposure and investment with Houston and its teams. Maybe fickle fans will trade in their favorite teams just because they live in a certain town. Not me.

I am a fan of both.

So, A) you don't know me, and B) I don't care what you think.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You are a failure. You get one team. Don't come in here with your life story.

1 person likes this.
  19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hey, remember Bill Peterson as Oilers head coach? Another brilliant Bud Adams' hire. Dude was such a joke that he got his own segment on the NFL Football Follies. And don't get me started about that dumbass Buddy Ryan...

20. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

YOU ARE NOT A TEXANS FAN! GO FIDDLE SOMEWHERE ELSE!