1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Young vs Giants- Winner Young

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Kamel, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Kamel

Kamel Member

Did any of you guys see the Vince show today.

He single handedly brought the HIS team back and beat the Giants.

He actually was the complete package, passing and rushing.

He should have had more TD and passing yards if his receivers did not drop so many beautifully thrown passes!

2. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Wrong forum, wrong website.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nope
    I would say this is as good a Website as any

Vince Did good

Rocket River

4. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

Where is the right forum? I look for Texan forums next April with the draft.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

best suited in the hangout seeing as Vince doesn't play for the Texans.

Let me know next time Michael Strahan plays for the Texans because he was in this game too.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is special, too bad the Texans chose to back a QB who is clearly punch drunk and gun shy from all the hits he has taken.

DD

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It should be an interesting game when the Titans play the Texans in two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd ends up booing the crap out of Carr every time he gets on the field, and cheering VY everytime he makes a play. Bob McNair is going to hate this game.

8. updawg

updawg Member

it is almost cruel that carr is going to have to face VY in Houston. Could be ugly, hope carr's got thick skin.

9. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I've had enough of our pretty boy QB with the horrible football instincts. Would I rather have Vince Young in there? You bet. Hell. I'd rather see Rosenfels in there instead of Carr.

Carr sucks!

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Punch drunk and gun shy does not thow for 321 yards. :rolleyes:

Texans have no defensive secondary, or running game...

Let it go. Your constant Carr bashing is growing moldy.

11. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Yeah, what's with the Carr bashing? He threw for 300+ yards.

Did I tell you guys that I lead my team in homeruns when we were down by 8 or more runs?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - have you been following my posts? I said Carr has improved, but he is clearly not the leader that Young is, and never will be.

Carr is looking to bail out if his first option is not there, just watch....yes he throws for a few yards, but how many meaningful ones? He threw his first touchdown pass in 20 quarters.....that is FIVE FULL GAMES...and you are ok with that?

I just think Carr is damaged goods.....and the Texans blew it.

DD

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

There are a ton of QB's that can rack up stats by throwing 3-7 yard passes, but you need to make some big plays to score points. Even the commentators for todays game were noting on how Carr constantly keeps checking down for the dump off pass. Carr is just not a playmaker.

He can be successful with a great team around him like Trent Dilfer or Jake Plummer was, but I would rather see him gone. He's been here long enough.

14. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

Where can we find the Vince Young highlights, and what is the NFL highlight show that replaced the ESPN NFL highlight show. When is it on?

Vince Young is the QB and his teamates play out of their minds in the fourth quarter after falling way behind. They believe in Vince, Vince believes in them,
    they start believing in themselves.

The Texans QB plays and the Texans give uo in the fourth quarter. Nobody believes in anybody, and the texans run down the clock as fast as they can so they can go home.

15. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

This is how it is. It's all about winning. I don't care if you throw for 500 yards. If you don't win, people blame the QB. They were saying on the radio after the loss that Carr doesn't know how to lead this team. He throws for yards, but doesn't produce TD's. Texans need playmakers, not fantasy stat players. Vince Young is a rookie, but he makes plays. He gets his team fired up. And he's winning. He's coming of age faster than anyone would of thought. If you haven't seen the Titans-Giants highlights, watch 'em. Vince put on one heck of a show.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

it sounds cliched, but that was about the worst, most meaningless 300 yard passing performance ever. Didn't stretch the D, didn't convert 3rd downs and sustain drives, lots of 4th period window dressing...simply pointless. He was not the problem but he did precious little to help his team win.

17. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Vince intercepted those two badly thrown balls by Eli Manning in the 4th quarter?

18. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Eli and Kiwi should be destroyed tomorrow by the NY press.

19. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

[rquoter]
    CB REYNALDO HILL

(on Vince Young and the Titans offense in second half)

His play does affect us on defense, because when he does good, it brings fire to the defense to go out there and want to do good as well. It seems to make us more explosive when our offense is clicking. [/rquoter]

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=4399

A great leader motivating his team in all facets of the game. Where did VY develop such great leadership skills? According to the post-game interview, VY credits The University of Texas and their coaches.

20. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member