1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Andre Johnson now?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by awc713, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

As a fan I'd rather enjoy the rest of Andre's career as a Texan (whether it be just the rest of this season or beyond)...than trade him for some 3rd/4th rounder that will just end up cut or on IR before the season starts anyway.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Oh that's so not true... AJ has been considered one of the top elite WR in the NFL for years and there are plenty of great players who are remembered that didn't go far in the playoffs... J.J. might be on that list if the Texans management and coaching staff doesn't get it together.

Plus AJ has spent his career playing in the age of fantasy football where it's not about what Bob McNair's team does, it's also about what AJ does for your team (fantasy team) so he'll be remembered.

3. baubo

baubo Member

But the question is whether you want him at $15mil/yr. Or would you rather use that money to grab a lesser receiver and then use the savings on a pass rusher or an lineman or a corner.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I would rather see Andre win a ring...wherever that may be.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It certainly makes sense to cut or trade AJ next offseason. I question what teams would be willing to give up for him since he no longer looks like a $16 million dollar WR. With the savings you would get from cutting AJ there are plenty of replacement options at WR in 2015 if we decide to go that route.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post/_/id/8411/the-loaded-2015-free-agent-wr-class

6. Remii

Remii Member

During the off-season when AJ was holding out Ian Rapoport reported that AJ would be willing to restructure his contract if traded.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It's whatever best for the team.. we know that this team won't see success for maybe 3-5 years from now. So why hold onto Andre who deserves a shot at winning the Superbowl. Might as well trade Brown, Meyers, Joseph, and Cushing ( if you can). And start all over again.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'd feel a lot better about trading him for a draft pick if I had any faith at all in the organization to use the pick wisely.

9. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Could be an interesting 4 or 5 days coming up across the league - the trade deadline is Thursday I believe.
    All other personnel movements can continue after that, like taking on FA's etc,.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Trade deadline has since passed so forget that idea...for now.

[rquoter]Eagles Cary Williams On Texans Andre Johnson: “He’s Not The Same Guy”

Cary Williams didn’t know what the issue was, but something didn’t look right to him with Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson.

After the Texans 31-21 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles at NRG Stadium on Sunday, Williams, the outspoken and enigmatic Eagles cornerback said the future Hall of Famer wasn’t the player he’d seen five times prior.

“He’s not the same guy,” Williams said. “Not the same guy.”

In his 12th NFL season, Johnson, 33, leads the Texans with 48 catches and is second behind wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins with 563 yards and one touchdown.

It’s a pace that’s well below his usual production, as Johnson has topped 100 catches and 1,200 yards in four of the last five seasons.

After spending the afternoon shadowing Johnson, who had only two catches on seven targets for 12 yards Sunday, Williams said something looked different.

Not so much Johnson’s ability, but his attitude.

“I don’t know if he’s happy,” Williams said. “I”m not sure. I know he had some disputes before the season in a couple years now.

“But I know Andre Johnson. I know what he’s done over his career. Just the attitude. It just wasn’t the same.

“He’s a great player. I’m not sure if he was happy or anything like that. But I know that was a different Andre than I know.”
    [/rquoter]

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

He just looked old out there today.

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i think he looks fine physically, but disinterested mentally.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

This isn't fun for Andre anymore. Don't blame him

14. Summer Song Giver

Agreed, how long can you work for a bad company before it drains you?

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If I made tens of millions, probably a hella long time if ever.

1 person likes this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Trade him to the Pats for Garapollo

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

trade deadline has passed.

18. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

They'll let him walk after this season and he'll hopefully go to a winner. Deserves it too after all he's done for this city and team.

19. Summer Song Giver

Forget the money, all your peers are making bank, you've poured everything into trying to make this company a success and 12 years in you're coming off the worst season of your career and staring down the barrel of another mismanaged management regime. And You're old enough to know it doesn't have to be this way, it can be better, just apparently not here, never here.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The problem is the QB. THE QB IS THE PROBLEM. HE KNOWS THE QB CANT GET HIM THE BALL......OR IS NOT LOOKING AT HIM.