1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I'm leaning towards starting Evans. I figure philly will run the ball more after seeing Sanchez turn it over 6 times last 2 games.

2. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

.5ppr league. Start Andre Johnson or Eric Decker?

3. Remii

Remii Member

Check the weather report... If the weather is bad in Chicago go with Jeremy... If it's not go with Evans.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Benching Ellington for Crowell... Being too cute...?

My other RB's are Lynch, Mason, Richardson, and Blue.

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I think Lynch is a must of course. I'd consider Blue though. Bengals D isn't what it was last year. We saw what type of workload he can get with Foster out.

6. Remii

Remii Member

I'm definitely starting Lynch... I'm still skeptical about Blue at this point. Cincinnati did a very good job against Ingram last week and the Texans may try to give the ball to J.J. at the goal line. But I could use Blue in my flex position... I was going to roll with OBJ as my flex.

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

dalton, mccown or hoyer?

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I would go with mccown.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Pick 2: Andre Johnson, Harvin, Wayne
    Pick 2: Jerrick McKinnon, Bishop Sankey, Chris Simms

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Assuming no Foster, who should I play?

Blue was already picked up so I have to choose between:

Trent Richardson vs Jax or Lamar Miller vs Denver?

I also have the option for Jeremy Hill, but no way I'm rooting for him today

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Flex play: pick one

J. McKinnon
    B. Lafell
    F. Gore

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

That is a tough one. Bernard is back today as well. I'd say Richardson vs Jax since Bradshaw is out and I'd assume Richardson will get most carries.

13. daherro^_^

daherro^_^ Member

mckinnon vs packers
    or
    ellington vs seattle

14. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Ok, I'm officially concerned about Philip Rivers.

15. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

gore and vernon davis have just let me down all year...i might have to look at other options in the playoffs.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm still not sure if I should have started Demarius Thomas, dez Bryant, and josh gordon as my receivers today.

Bahahahah my team is killer. And I'll pretty easily have the most points in my 12 team league this year.

And I may still miss the playoffs, I have to win out :(

17. thething

thething Contributing Member

I'm in the situation where I have Demaryius Thomas, Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, and Odell Beckham. Who out of those guys do I sit next week?

I know how bad luck happens--I always have the most points for and against in my league by a longshot, but somehow I still end up in first place in all my leagues. Make the right decisions and usually it should even out.

18. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

That's definitely a good "problem" to have. But at the end of the day, despite how well Beckham plays, I don't think you can EVER bench Demaryius or Antonio. I think every week you'll have to look at Beckham vs Gordon....that's just my opinion, and it definitely won't always work out. That's just how I would do it, in an effort to limit my sadness if the wrong guy goes off.

19. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I have the most points against in my league this year by far. I also drafted Peterson this year #1 overall and took some risks in the draft that didn't pan out. Week 3 my team was dog crap and an embarrassment. I have had to hustle and trade all year but right now I think I have the best team in the league. I got really lucky with some pickups (Gordon early while suspended, Tom Brady at the peak of his early slump Ryan Matthews and Mark Ingram while injured, Mike Evans before he blew up) and managed to trade for Jamaal Charles and Alfred Morris. It also helped that I was 1st in the waiver order pretty much every week haha.

I still may miss the playoffs but I'm really proud of my season. I am in 6th and need 2 other teams to lose to make it in. One team has already lost and the other team is holding a 22 point lead with nobody left and plays against Ivory and Scott Chandler tonight. I don't like my chances. I am finishing the season winning 4 out of 5 (losing the one game only due to Philly D scoring 31) but it may be too little too late.

You need a combination luck, solid trades and be willing to sit on the waiver wire every Tuesday.

1 person likes this.
  20. thething

thething Contributing Member

Some waiver pickups are so obvious that you know you are never going to get them if you have a low waiver position (CJ Anderson, Knile Davis when Jamaal was hurt, Jeremy Hill). A guy in my league had a moment of stupidity and dropped Rashad Jennings. I had no chance to get him.

Having a good draft is key to get your studs. The Peterson failure was luck, though I wasn't too high on him compared to the others based on game alone. I easily could have drafted Mccoy first round if he fell to me, but I went with Murray. I targeted Demaryius Thomas and Peyton Manning. Manning went too high, but I was able to get Thomas early in the second.

Trades aren't always necessary.