1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 18, 2014.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

You would think but he was throwing behind cutting recievers, just didnt look good. They will get it going hopefully.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

LOL If only he wasnt so damn cocky about his horrific predictions you would almost feel sorry for him.

3. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I actually thought the same thing, if he took a little off and threw a more accurate pass rather than trying to throw a fastball in a hole he may have been more effective.

There's not much touch on his throws.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Fitz played better in the 2nd half of that game. This by far the worse performance by either one of quarterbacks this season.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's what they mean by "touch".

I read this a while back:

http://draftbreakdown.com/scouting-report-ryan-mallett/

http://www.thefootballstandard.com/scouting/scouting-report-ryan-mallett/

Sound a lot like what we saw today.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Mallet wasn't good today... And neither was that defense. They gave up 370 yards. Cincinnati ran up and down the field like it was nothing to it.

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ryan Mallett properly assessed his performance saying, “I couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn today.” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/status/536651180966158336">November 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

At least Mallett is honest about his performance.. Unlike Oakland's 3rd string QB, who would routinely deflect honest assessments of his crap play.

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, it's better than their season average and less than what they gave up to Cleveland.

We knew this was to be the case with Romeo's D which is of the "bend but don't break" variety. More yards given up, but fewer points. Texans are still ranked 8th in points allowed. As opposed to last year where the team didn't give up many yards, but a lot of points.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Well they broke today... Cincinnati was 11-20 on 3rd down efficiency which is ridiculous.

And the Texans being 8th in points allowed is kind of fishy when you take into account*some of the teams they faced. But there are a lot of holes on this defense that usually get exposed when they are playing good teams. But the offense gave them no help though.

10. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

@MarkBermanFox26: Ryan Mallett played with an injured right pectoral muscle. He'll have an MRI. Could miss a few games.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Wrong thread but OBJ is ridiculous.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Secondary was atrocious today and the front 7 didn't get consistent pressure on Dalton nor stopped the run. We just have to understand that this team is mediocre at best and it's going to take at least 2-5 seasons before we are good again.

We have so many holes to fill this off season.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

No QB + JC bust + no wild card chance = that time again.

[​IMG]

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Would have looked great in a Texan uni. Oh well

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

poor Andre Johnson...I get that he has been well compensated in his career, but my goodness this guy has played more meaningless games in November and December more than anyone else I can think of. Truly remarkable what he was able to accomplish.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

oh boo facking hoo. we've all endured the same meaningless games in November and December except we didn't get paid millions to do it. instead we had to pay for the gear for the tickets, etc...

1 person likes this.
  17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

If so I'd prefer to see what Savage has . I certainly don't regret the Texans replacing Fitz ,we needed to know what Mallet had.. it wasn't pretty today but I do hope he gets a couple of more starts.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

They only gave up 20 points, including a 22-yard TD drive courtesy of a Mallet pick. And they outscored the offense.

Cincinnati had a very smart, highly efficient game plan and they struggled to make it count. This defense is pretty good.

I truly wonder where some of these takes originate... Fishy? They've played 11 games, 6 against teams that have won at least 7 games. And of those six, four are ranked in the top 7 in points/game; five are ranked in the top 10 in total offense.

I'm not making excuses but they've played a remarkably difficult schedule.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Really? Hmm... The consensus around here before the season was that the Texans had a somewhat soft schedule which would work in their favor. Just goes to show you I guess.

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I don't believe they played a winning team from last year until week 6, and only 2 total among their first 9. And with better QB play, they might have taken better advantage. In fact, I think it was only 3 among their first 13.

But, yeah- as always, it was on paper.