1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

NFL Week 8

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 22, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Notice how that other dude on this board thinks if you are Rockets fan you then you have to be fan of the Texans or UofH or Rice or Drexler's bbq

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You're one in a long ass line of people that have had to lay it down for young bobby. Paul Boesch FTW!

3. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah I think its a ridiculous sentiment. I was born and raised in Houston and I don't love my city any less because I'm a Cowboys fan.

Btw Im glad you didn't go for the T-Mac bait lol :p

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I'll hold him down, someone get Kamala to do a body splash on him!

Rock N Roll Express 4 ever

5. tinman

Supporting Member

there's only ONE TEAM in houston who has given the city eternal and everlasting glory. that's the Clutch City Rockets with Hakeem Olajuwon and Vernon Maxwell and Clutch City 2 with Clyde Drexler.

This place is called Clutchfans!

6. CometsWin

Followed by the Superfly off the top rope!

7. CometsWin

Amen brother. Chilly Pete for three!

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm doing the bird like Koko B Ware!

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How many Cowboys fans grew up in Houston?

Spurs fans?

10. BonziWellsGOAT

[​IMG]

11. VanityHalfBlack

So it's un-ironic ;)

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't know anyone that was a Oiler's fan could be a Cowboy's fan. It's like rooting for Kobe. It just feels weird.

13. Buck Turgidson

Not sure having terrible taste is something to brag about.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bucs trade S Mark Barron to the Rams.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rams traded fourth- and sixth- round picks to Buccaneers for S Mark Barron, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/527191106203975680">October 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bucs trade LB Jonathan Casillas to the Patriots.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Time for teams to stop drafting Alabama DB's...

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I did but when I moved to D/FW...the Oilers had just left Houston for Tennessee and Houston didn't have a team. So, it was easy for me to transition to the Cowboys or my new hometown team. Because I wasn't in Houston when they established the Texans, I have zero connection to that team because it wasn't the team I grew up with and I no longer had roots in Houston.

But, I've stuck with the Astros and Rockets for sure...so I would have stuck with the Oilers had they not moved...just because I was born in and grew up in Houston watching the Oilers. Blame goes to Bud Adams.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea...all the haters are out in full force today. It's amazing. We apparently suck really bad now with a 6-2 record just because we lost a division game and didn't put up at least 30 points while blowing them out...as if every game goes exactly as you want it to. All teams go up and down. Remember all the flack the Patriots were getting before they reeled off some wins? The question is do the Cowboys go on a downward spiral from here. Every year...it's that same question. We always start decently. It's how you finish. The other thing is...if you would have told me we would be 6-2 at this point...I would have told you I was checked into an insane asylum because no one expected it. But, the counter to that is we haven't beaten anybody that was any good. Cowboys never win in a fan argument. There is always a BUT BLAH BLAH BLAH... . LOL

18. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah the opponent thing worries me a bit, also the fact that its the Cowboys worries me a bit. I think teams will use that all out blitz a lot more now that Washington had success with it, so now they need to adjust and make people pay for doing it. We shall see.