1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS SHOP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Olajumus Prime, Jul 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Olajumus Prime

yes I was wondering is that Houston Rocket's shop still open in Memorial City Mall? where has it moved to, if it isnt there....

is there any Rockets shop anywhere? I want to start buying some apparrel.....

2. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

I'm told it was moved a while back and the only one is in the Compaq Center. Looks like you will have to wait for the new arena.

I hope there will be a store open all the time like 'The Shed'.

3. dupong

dupong Member

They closed the shop just way before the Mall's big renovation project started. On all the other shops, they would put a sign that says, they moved to other section of the mall, etc. But never saw anything liked that on the Rox shop.

4. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

They closed the Rockets Shop due to lack of sales. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that everything in there was waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced.

Then again, it was a pretty cool store to look at if you were a Rockets fan.

5. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Adminstrators locked the Rocket Shop.

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

The store in the new arena will have regular retail business hours during the week as well as be open during games.

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Jeff, any idea when it will open???

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Not until the building opens. Probably end of September.

9. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

in this day and age an online shop would also be ideal.
    probably more ideal than a shop open during normal business hours.
    although im not sure if you could get around nbastore.com

just make sure the shop carries the Nike Swingman version of the new uniform.

I guess this hurts my theory of the unis being available at the September 4th ribbon cutting ceremony.

10. tigereye

tigereye Member

Just for anyone who wants to know

The new team store will be located on the Polk Street side of Toyota Center on the main concourse. And if i'm not mistaken, it will be the largest of all the team stores in history.

11. Tim

Tim Member

End of September is the current timing for the store opening ... since we're waiting for inventory to arrive, and some of it comes from overseas, that date could shift a little bit one way or the other, though.

Tim

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Tim,

must be open and stocked by OCt 8th, just for me!!!!!

13. Tim

Tim Member

Smeg, if you manage to get yourself overseas faster than we can open a store with some overseas goods, I'd feel horrible.

We'll get right on it. ;)

Tim