1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How About Antonio Davis at PF?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SteveFrancis3, May 27, 2001.

Tags:
  1. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Should the Rockets try to work out a sign and trade with the Raps for Davis? He has proven to be a great rebounder and has an excellent shot for a PF. Or maybe we could go try to get him as our center...He would be even better than he already is against zone defenses.

------------------

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

1) At what cost - Is Antonio Davis worth the money he will be asking?

2)Trade for what - What will we give Toronto that they would take for Davis.

3)Does Davis want to come here? I think he would prefer to stay in the East.

------------------
    Charles Barkely on the Raptors defeating the Knicks in Round 1 :"I think it was the Lord. The Lord was with the Raptors. You know the Knicks like to talk so much about religion, but I think the Lord was a Raptor fan."

3. SteveFrancis3

There's not too much we could give Toronto in a sign and trade, so maybe we could just pursue him with our cap space. I don't think he would ask for the max contract, leaving room for other FA's. I don't know if he'd want to come here, but he wants out of Toronto for sure.

------------------

4. MManal

MManal Member

Davis is definitely a very good secondary option if Webber cannot be had. However, it appears his desire is to play in Orlando.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

5. franchise_3

franchise_3 Member

yea i live in T.O and davis is one hell of a player
    too bad its canada or else he'd stay
    but hes very good nice shot
    but hes a Centre but hes not too small in the east..in the west hed get slaughtered

------------------
    ***FRANCHISE***

6. SteveFrancis3

It's starting to seem like everyone wants to play in Orlando...but Orlando can't get both CWebb and Antonio Davis, so at least one of them can't go to Orlando. Does that mean he decides to go to Houston instead? [​IMG]

------------------

7. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

I can really see Kelvin Cato as a conceivable trade bait here. He got 5 more years on his contract and that, coupled with his so called "potential" can be something very attractive to Toronto.

------------------
    Go Rockets Go!

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Nope, Toronto's got Keon Clark, who's basically a Cato with heart.

------------------
    "Oh No..."
    -Bill Walton in 97 just before Stockton's buzzer beater