1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I don't get why people are vying for Rubio, another Fegan client.

Do we really want to go through with the headache of overpaying another one of his clients and the possibility of him running to Dallas?

I think we should completely steer clear of that solely because of the Fegan association.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They haven't put much thought into that.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'll just say this. If the Rockets acquired Rubio without giving up Beverley in the process and knowing how Mchale doesn't just give away rotation minutes to the "more upside" guys, are we really that sure that Rubio would even beat out Bev for the starting spot next to Harden?

(All it takes is a couple 1 for 9 shooting nights playing off the ball to put Rubios arse on the bench. Trust me... That's a very real possibility)

Do we really want to advocate gutting all of the Rockets assets to acquire a player where the answer to that question isn't conpletely obvious?

Or is this just completely obvious that people here are just desperate for any type of transaction?

I'll take a gamble on Rubio as I'm sure Morey would, but I don't think you guys realize what you are suggesting. Rubio has hardly proven that "this is the guy" we can count on to be the franchise cornerstone that holds everything together. What has Rubio done in all his years competing to prove that? What has very talented T Wolves teams with a GREAT HOF coach done with him at PG? What did Rubio do to a super talented Spain team this Summer? How far did he take them?

Please use your heads a little bit more guys. Realize what you are suggesting. You are better than this.

4. basketballholic

I hope this is so but I'm not for sure. Rubio and Llull have been competing against each other for a long time. In all that time I have seen no evidence of any friendship. Even on the National Team I've never seen any comradeship. But Rubio is obviously loved and respected by the Gasols. And I think Fernandez likes all the dishes Rubio serves him up. Overall him being Spaniard helps attract some really good ballers.

5. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

I could see us getting Dragic
    Suns get Rubio
    T-wolves get Bleadsoe

6. basketballholic

Rubio was the sole difference maker in 08. When he was on the floor the team went positive. When he came off the floor they faltered. HE controlled the whole game on both ends, creating havoc defensively, and making all the plays on the offensive end while playing alongside and against grown men.

Rubio is going to have a long illustrious career.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You think the suns are going to give up two really really good guards for one meh one? Makes total sense.

And the Suns have zero reasons to trade Dragic. He's pretty much the face of their franchise right now. Bledsoe maybe but all indications are that they are keeping him. They pretty much laughed publicly in Flip Saunders face after the report came out yesterday they were wanting to s&t for him.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Putting the fiba thing on Rubio when they have the Gasols, Ibaka, etc?

But I agree.. His fg percent is so atrocious. Pass.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I give up Jones+NOP pick+Johnson+future first (lotto protected) for Rubio without blinking an eye. Especially if we can pull someone in the trade like a Brewer or Martin to add quality off the bench.

Adding Brewer and Rubio to our core while sending Jones away strengthens us defensively. It puts Dmo on the floor more (better defender than Jones albeit not the shot blocker). Brewer is also a strong defensive wing. Howard, Bev, Brewer, Ariza and Rubio all register as grade A defenders in my book.

Even just putting Martin on the bench would give us another effective shooter and scorer. Although Martin is not really a good defender either.

I could give a poop if a guy is a poor shooter at 23 years of age.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Can he get his fg% up to 42? That's good enough for me.

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Even if you like him, that's way too much to give up on what could possibly be a one year rental. Giving up that much pressures you to meet fegan's max demands or losing all that for nothing.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I can see Rubio being worth the max value. Only because the cap will expand over the next few years. By that time he will be a complete stud. He is 23.

Do you guys realize that as great as Beverly is, he sucks at creating as a pg should. I don't care if Harden is the de facto PG or not. Rubio will do wonders for us.

13. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

why would Suns loose on 2 better point guards?

14. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

If the price is right I could see the Suns give up both Dragic ( who can opt out next year) and bleadsoe (finally end the stand off.
    It might take a 4th team of assets that the suns desire but I can see it as a possibility.

15. YaosDirtyStache

Morey is about efficiency.

Rubio is about not shooting.

Morey = Rubio?

16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

No to Rubio (Definitely not a max player)
    May be to Bledsoe (injuries and I don't think he's worth the max)
    Yes to rondo (injury and personality scare me but all of those trip dubs have me seeing championships on this squad)
    Hell YES to Dragic (not gunna happen)

17. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

Don't forget the suns still have I . Thomas who they signed and drafted a pg with their first pick of the draft. Not to mention they would be getting rubio in return.
    If they can upgrade significantly in a spot where they feel they really need it I think they cash in the 2 pg and still have 3 on their roster.
    The suns will still be under the cap with a bunch of draft picks

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My problem with Rubio is not so much that he is a terrible shooter, but he can't make layups either. In a playoff game where teams can prepare for him, they would just instruct everyone not to cover him at all.

19. rocketseagles07

Do you realize that players who can't shoot don't play well next to Harden?

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Phoenix insider:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.