1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We are about a Month out.
    What are you looking forward to seeing?
    What are your expectations?

Hard Knocks with the Houston Texans will begin airing on Tuesday, August 11 at 10:00 p.m. ET.

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I've never seen an episode of Hard Knocks, so it's harder to answer.

Overall, I'm just hoping it adds to Houston's popularity and respect.. and we gain more fans.

I'm expecting intensity from BOB, Watt, and Cushing along with some fun moments. Arian's personality will likely play a role.

3. myco

myco Contributing Member

There may be a growing sentiment that Watt's media presence is becoming a bit saturated, but to me, he would still be the most compelling figure for Hard Knocks. I hope the show will only reinforce admiration for Watt, but could see it having the opposite effect. Also, Hard Knocks typically focuses quite a bit on the non-star players trying to make it on the team, but I would also be interested in seeing story-lines involving Arian, BoB, the starting QB situation, and Cushing.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

For those of us who don't get HBO (or whatever channel it's on), will there be free viewing options online? Will the Texans post complete episodes on the site or something?

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Actually, its usually the coach and GM that end up being the "main character" during Hard Knocks seasons.

Then they focus on the guys on the bubble and the rookies.

They'll still have some puff pieces on Watt, Arian, etc.... but they really don't make for much compelling stories since their pre-season play is limited (every episode ends with featuring the pre-season game just played the previous week), and we all know their spot on the roster is guaranteed.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm excited for it all.

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Hard Knocks is my favorite TV show, and one I look forward to each and every year. If you haven't watched it before, I highly recommend going back and watching every season - it is that good.

I'm anxious to see how open Bill is to the process, hopefully he is willing to engage a bit with the producers so we can come off in a good light. I think the show has the ability to give a team and a city a boost, and I'm hoping Hard Knocks does that.

One thing I am worried about however, is further expansion of all things Watt. This team is so much more than him, and I hope they focus on more of the role players and younger guys. Watt of course will get his camera time, but hopefully he pushes back on being the main focus.

I think the QB competition should be at the center of it all.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I've only ever watched 1 episode, the Texans and Falcons(?) one. Can't wait to watch, anything football related.....I've even watched some Canadian Football games.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Watt would probably be the reason people even tune in for this, though.

If it was a HK about the Pats without Brady and Gronk or about the Packers without Rodgers, the only people who'd tune in would be diehard football fans.

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I personally am intrigued to see how much Rick Smith is involved in things. The interaction between him and BO'B will be an interesting one.

Also would like to see plenty of QB competition footage and Cushing.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Eh....most people watch the show regardless because it's so well done. Like some others have said, they rarely spend much time with the stars. They tend to focus more on the rookies, UDFA's and players fighting for a spot on the team. That's where the drama is.

12. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I agree with this. I've heard from a lot of friends and family who are die hard football fans that they love HK regardless of what team is showcased. People will definitely be watching.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The focus is really more on the young guys or newcomers to the team…and the behind the scenes look at what coaches and GMs discuss.

Basically, the show sucks you in and makes you root for the underdogs to make the team…and when they don't, it's heartbreaking to watch them get cut.

Therefore, it's not as much about the stars, its more about the unknown guys than anything else.

And for those that have yet to watch any season, definitely check out the previous years…they are all excellent.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Looking forward to seeing Clowney, and the stars.

I expect DQ to get a ton of time. Ben Jones will appear in it quite a bit, too.

I expect the receiving corps to get some play time with the rookies and new faces.

A lot of on the bubble guys. Not sure who, though.

I'm most excited to see BOB. You know it'll feature him the most. He's an interesting character, between being an up and coming, potentially great coach, and his home life.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see much of guys like Watt and Foster. I can't recall ever seeing any of the big names get the bulk of the camera time on Hard Knocks. It's always mostly been rookies with high expectations, or undrafted/late round guys trying to make the team.

I'd bet a dollar to a nickel that there will be an extensive David Quessenberry storyline

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes, the network realizes that the home team is the fanbase most likely to watch the product, and therefore, instead of using the show as a way to drive up subscribers in a local market they will instead offer you the choice of either watching it for free or paying for it.

17. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Looking forward to injury free-episodes of HK. I'd also like to see Cushing and Watt and what kinda vocal and physical leadership they provide.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I predict we'll see rose petal girls dropping rose petals in front of JJ Watt as he exits the locker room.

[​IMG]

19. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I would love to see a segment on Cush, to see if he really has regained full strength, and can be DeMeco version 2.0 as far as taking a full year to get back to full bad ass form!

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Gotcha. So, is HK like a cookie cutter reality show without scripted drama?