1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABORTION

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Feb 12, 2014.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Can you comment in text? Random YouTube videos are rarely evidence of anything of substance.

3. giddyup

Sure.... WATCH THE HIDDEN CAMERA VIDEO TAKEN AT AN ARIZONA PLANNED PARENTHOOD CLINIC.

It's ugly. They misrepresent the facts, i.e. a 23-week old "fetus" doesn't even look like a baby (picture of 24 week old premie inserted... which looks exactly like a baby).

Then they go on to clarify how without the lethal injection to stop the baby's heart, that they baby will come out mutilated and probably in pieces.

Why do you call it a random YouTube video?

4. GladiatoRowdy

Because it is a random YouTube video.

5. giddyup

yes, you are in love with your own opinion. What is "random" about it?

It's an undercover video shot at a Planned Parenthood office in AZ-- that was not random. It was very intentional. Some very said truths and realities come to light.... but you keep it at arm's length if it makes you feel better. :eek:

6. GladiatoRowdy

I don't believe that much of anything from MSNBC, CNN, Fox, or YouTube is of any value whatsoever when discussing politics. Those source are about inflaming passions and drawing eyeballs for the purposes of making money. News, in my opinion, is better disseminated in the written word as it can be fact checked more easily, can less often be manipulated or edited to be misleading, and can be referred to or quoted verbatim if necessary.

So, assuming the claims you make about the video are true, it is "said" [sic] that some people are less than completely honest, but i doesn't change my opinion that every single medical procedure carried out in this country should be performed by a licensed professional in a regulated facility.

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

thats from Lila Rose's site - they also typically post the entire videos completely unedited on their site for reference so that you can see that they didn't edit the meaning of any of the content.

They're known for their undercover videos where the clinic workers have been shown telling underage girls where they can go for abortions without parental consent, lying to the patients about the procedure, failing to report statutory rape, ect.

To Planned Parenthoods credit - they have fired people based on their actions in these videos.

http://www.liveaction.org

8. GladiatoRowdy

Good to hear that PP acts responsibly when they find people lying to clients.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Another $50 to Planned Parenthood in the name of Giddyup! Just in time for Valentines Day! Well played!

Just think Giddyup, due to your vigilence Planned Parenthood received additional funding to protect the reproductive rights of women.

1 person likes this.
  10. rudan

rudan Member

You are one sick dude! Your grandparents must have have donated to Auschwitz :rolleyes:

2 people like this.
  11. rudan

rudan Member

Another $50 to gestapo in the name of Nook! Just in time for Valentines Day! Well played!

Just think Nook, due to your vigilence the nazis received additional funding to protect the superior race.[/QUOTE]

12. giddyup

He is. This is about the third time he's done this. Others will probably follow suit. I take solace in knowing the PP does some good things and I always imagine Nook's contributions (and those who do likewise) are earmarked for those higher purposes. Thank you Nook and others!

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

With continued scientific advances, history will not look back kindly on the abortion era...

14. Nook

Nook Member

Your welcome Giddyup!

15. giddyup

Would it be too much to ask for $50 more? You don't have to even send me a copy of the receipts!!

16. Nook

Nook Member

I am sure that my wife will end up giving more..... she gives literally 2/3's of my income to charities.... planned parenthood, Bill-Hillary & Chelsea Foundation, Friends of UNFPA, Intrepid Fallen Heroes, 4-H, ACLU, NRA, Sierra Club and god only knows what other ones I am not even aware of.... if it makes you feel better you can claim one of those.......

Don't marry a clone of Dharma from Dharma and Greg...

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Might as well post this here.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e-the-abortion-rate-just-hit-an-all-time-low/

[rquoter]
    After years of holding steady, new Center for Disease Control data shows that the United States abortion rate has fallen to an all-time low. It dropped 5 percent between 2008 and 2009, the most recent years for which data is available, the largest decline in the past decade.
    Figuring out the other drivers is a little bit trickier. It would be easy to point to the wave of abortion restrictions that swept through state legislatures in 2011 -- except that this data come from 2009, when those new laws weren't yet in place.

So much for that theory. What seems like a more plausible explanation might be the type of contraceptives women are using. A study published earlier this year looked at the usage of long-acting, reversal contraceptives, methods like interuterine devices, which tend to have much higher efficacy rates than birth control pills (in short, there's a lot less room for user error).

That research, published in the journal Fertility and Sterility, found that use of long-acting contraceptives tripled between 2002 and 2009. Most of that increase happened, however, in the last two years. The proportion of contraceptive users using this method increased from 2.4 percent in 2002 to 3.7 percent in 2007. Between 2007 and 2009, though, it shot up to 8.5 percent.

No research has found a causal relationship yet. What we know is a correlation: At the same time the abortion rate took a big drop, use of more effective contraceptives had recently increased. That seems like it could be one factor explaining why the abortion rate recently dropped, after years of holding steady.[/rquoter]

18. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry I didn't feel like watching the video but if what you wrote above is true (and I believe you since it is easily verified) then that person definitely needs to be fired and the clinic center investigated. My niece gave birth to a 23 week old preemie and he survived and is developing (albeit at a slower rate).

Regardless, Planned Parenthood should not be villified overall because abortion is a small part of their mission and I am sure most of the clinics do not peddle lies. I like what DFWRocket posted regarding PP taking action based on previous videos from this site/person.

19. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Did you really just go there?

You need to study what actually went on at Auschwitz. Comparing Planned Parenthood to a notorious Nazi death camp is beyond ridiculous, not to mention offensive.

Do you really believe they are equivalent?

20. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

History will not look kindly on the anti-science era you and your people have pushed us into.