1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Bridge

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, Jul 9, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This premieres tonight on FX.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_v9H-Rk0s4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

My mistake, this premieres tomorrow (Wednesday) night.

3. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Looks good, in the same vein as Breaking Bad. Will definently be checking it out

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Reminder, this about to start.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yep. I'm recording it. Will watch soon. Hope it's good!

6. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Am I missing something, or is that actress the worst ever? She's unwatchable.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is obliviously something wrong with her character; some type of disorder. that has to be why she is acting the way she is.

8. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Yeah, she is really bad OR it is just her ultra rigid character

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't like it.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

started falling asleep after twenty minutes, this show might be even worse than The Killing

the main woman is awful, they use her strange mannerisms to insert clumsy political commentary that would not be organic otherwise (we get it, Americans are racist and illegal immigrants are misunderstood, thank you for the lecture Hollywood)

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Her character is supposed to have a form of aspergers you guys..

12. landryfans

landryfans Member

There are very very few shows worth watching now days,

13. Behad

If that's true, they should have mentioned it. Since I have no experience with aspergers, I never would have known (as I suspect millions of Americans wouldn't either). The only description we got of her character came from her co-worker, who called her bat-**** craZy.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I thought they dropped a few hints. Her boss/mentor giving her social cues, like telling her to look at the husband in the eye and making it a point to be gentle, telling her to change in the bathroom and not in front of him, having to deliberately explain why she shouldn't report her new colleague. Also her saying "sorry I didn't express to proper levels of empathy" or something along those lines to the angry husband. Her co-worker mentioning she was "interesting" and deputy agreeing.

15. Behad

Another thing: While I'm sure Ted Levine and Matthew Lillard are good actors, I will always see them as the bad guy from Silence of the Lambs and Shaggy. Every time Levine is on camera, all I see is him dancing naked with his Johnson tucked back.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Never realized the guy from Monk was Buffalo Bill all along.

17. Behad

Again, since I don't know about aspergers, I did not pick up those "hints". I just thought it was bad writing\bad acting

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I do agree that the actress at times is walking a fine line into caricature. I wasn't distracting to me and I thought she was fine but that could easily change.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The wife and I enjoyed it. I thought Kruger was fine, character has some issues so I just rolled with it. I thought Demián Bichir was excellent, really came off authentic.

20. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

that's her character. clearly if you knew anything about Diane Kruger you would know that she's a very decent actor. (she also wears minimal amount of makeup in this show.)

she's the chick in the National Treasure movies, though i'm not really a fan of those.

also, she played Bridget Von Hammersmark in Inglorious Basterds, and was opposite of Liam Neilsen in that movie where he loses his identity.

although, my personal favorite of her...

[​IMG]

I remember walking out that movie thinking she was the one of the most beautiful women I'd have ever seen.