1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peyton Manning Won't Sell You Gatorade Without Some Sweat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobmarley, Aug 21, 2014.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the last guy used to be in Second City and has been in a couple other commercials.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

How can I be sweating if I haven't had a drink of gatorade... if I'm supposed to sweat gatorade?!?!? :mad:

WTF?

[​IMG]

:p

3. dback816

dback816 Member

Saw the yoga one today.

Seemed awkward and uncomfortable. This is what passes as comedy these days or do we lower the bar because a white athlete's involved?

4. likestohypeguy

^actually i think it's important that we all take a minute of reflection to make sure that's not the case, thinking they're funny just because racism.

Interesting, I didn't recognize him, only that he was not real in that situation.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol Peyton is a better actor than all the actors in those vids.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Couldn't enjoy them because they looked scripted right away. I'm not sure why they just wouldn't get complete strangers for something like this. Is he too recognizable? :confused:

7. AFS

AFS Member

Might be hard to do practically like that. How often do people go into a gas station to buy only a gatorade? Seems like it would require a lot of time and resources waiting around for the perfect setup.

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Would definitely help the yoga girl get some back sweat going

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's one reason why it came off as scripted.

Don't they keep track of how much gatorade they sell to gas stations? Pick the one that sells the most and offer a really good promo for Gatorade. You may not get as many people, but I would think 2 or 3 real ones beats out more fake ones. They could also enlist people, who want to play a joke on a friend. Have that friend get off to buy some gatorade.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Have the comments been toned down / moderated? The two Cam vids don't seem bad to me.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm impressed with everyone's supreme intelligence to figure out that a commercial may be scripted.

[​IMG]