1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Myles Turner?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by slickricky, Mar 23, 2015.

1. i3artow i3aller

:cool:

2. i3artow i3aller

3. malakas

malakas Member

He will be top 10 pick.
    If he falls, that means his knees haven't checked out by the doctors and better stay away in any case coz he's Oden vs2.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LLGeP0L6-CY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like a beast! Wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the top 8.

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

He'll be one of the steals in this draft IMO. Would kill to see the rockets put a package together and move up and draft him. He's best player available in that 8-12 area hands down and his upside is massive. How many 7 footers can knock 3s and have his turnaround jumper plus be the best shot blocker in the draft. Whoever gets him is going to be real happy.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Major disappointment at Texas. All the tools, yet would disappear constantly. He only had 2 points in the NCAA tournament game against Butler.

Now, part of that is likely due to Rick Barnes' terrible coaching. But Myles is soft and has a $0.10 brain.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Definitely disappointing but was hard for me to get a read on him with how inconsistent his minutes were.

With that said, his per 40 min stats are pretty are pretty impressive compared to recent UT bigs.

LaMarcus Alridge: 17.8ppg 10.9rpg 2.3bpg

Myles Turner: 18.3ppg 11.8rpg 4.7bpg

Tristan Thompson: 17.1ppg 10.2rpg 3.1bpg

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

yeah... the coaching of this kid at UT did not seem well done AT ALL.

I'm on board with him being a very solid pick. I've never been a huge measurements guy, but he measures out better than KAT, better than someone like Clint Capela. He's athletic. Seems smart.

Seems unlikely to be an all-star, but close to it at his peak for a couple of years? Maybe... maybe

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Sadly, Turner would have fared much better under a Calipari or Bill Self instead of wasting away under Barnes.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I have also heard comparisons of Terrence Jones with a jumpshot :cool:

11. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Fify

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wally Szczerbiak on Shan and RJ this morning said that Myles Turner will be a complete bust. "Runs too funny, should stay in school for one more year to show his dominance, doesn't have the body for it."

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

14. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

15. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Since the Pacers traded Hibbert to the Lakers, are they going all in to rebuild mode and starting Turner?

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

As they signed Monta, I don't think so. Besides, rebuild mode isn't in the Pacers' vocabulary under current owner, he always wants to win as many games as possible, even if it means no.14 lottery pick. I expect Bird to get a few bigs with Hibbert's trade exception or with cap space that he opened up.

I think Bird has mucked up this whole situation though, and he's made a number of weak moves over the last few years. Maybe it's time to retire.

18. malakas

malakas Member

do you think that Bird will go after Josh Smith Donatasfanboy?

btw grats on Turner. Looks like a stud.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Tbh I've no clue, I never heard anything about Pacers and Smith this year or in the past. Bird has been talking about playing more of a running style though. So maybe Josh Smith would fit his new vision.

I didn't like the Turner pick because of the feet issue, his feet are shaped weirdly, so supposedly there may be injury concerns. But hopefully he turns out well, we sure could use some luck.

20. malakas

malakas Member

okay. if you hear anyting plz let us know lol
    I wouldn't worry about Turner feet because there is evidence provided that he can get them fixed with proper physio and training to keep balance etc. You needed a player with some star potential and he was the BEST choice at that point in the draft. Plus it gave Bird the opportunity to get rid of Hibbert and not be without anything at center. Let's be real. He wouldn't be able to get rid of him before the end of the free agency so the good centers would anyway be off the market. So it's nice and can give some playing time to the kid and devlelop him.
    Rebuilding without contending its also nice to keep PG happy.