1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Margaret Hassan Shot Dead?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Nov 16, 2004.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Just heard it on the news....

Her husband has asked for her body.

What a terrible person she was-- almost as bad as those Iraqi children.

LINK: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6503251/

#1 giddyup, Nov 16, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

She was a charity worker, she was an Iraqi citizen, she was against the war, she was married to an Iraqi man, she provided charity to Iraqis for years, she lived in Iraq...

...way to go terrorists....way to kill people that will really get people behind your cause.

3. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Simply terrible.

No matter how unjust the insurgents feel this invasion is killing someone who supported their cause and was a great benefactor of their people does nothing.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think if Jesus, Mohammed, the Buddha and any other famous religious figures from history were walking down a Baghdad street together, unprotected, and they looked the least bit foreign, that some b*stard would kidnap them and kill them, in some gruesome way, after keeping them prisoner long enough to qualify as torture.

I hate these sons of b****es, and I wish we weren't in that stupid country, put there by our stupid President, but since we are, lets kill every damn one of the heartless ****ers.

This is one Democrat who believes that war is sometimes necessary. This war wasn't, in my opinion, but because we are there, we should make war on every one of these evil men responsible for killing what Mrs. Hassan represented... the kind of person I most admire.

Keep D&D...
    the hell with it

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

not very civil, but i agree with you.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I agree with Deckard, too. These bastards must be taken out.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's hard to be 100% civil when you hear about a truly selfless person, like Mrs. Hassan, being murdered in such a despicable fashion, for a perverted cause, driven by a perverted sect of an otherwise mainstream religion, and for what??

Publicity.

It's the worst kind of sick and twisted group, of sick and twisted evil little termites, that would murder Mrs. Hassan, and others equally well intentioned, for publicity. Well, whoever they are, they got my attention. Just killing them would be too kind. They deserve to have the most awful death possible when they are caught, whoever they are.

Keep D&D Civil!!

8. giddyup

Man, I hope the coalition publicizes this tragedy across Iraq so that those people know who the real monsters are. They have had her for 3 weeks or so... this is no mistaken identity.

9. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

What was really nuts about this was that even Al Zarqawi said that if the group holding her turned her over to him he would free her.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_hostage&cid=540&ncid=1480

10. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Once and for all this should teach the majority of the American left who believe that these "freedom fighters" are justified in what they do because it's fighting against evil Amerikkkan sanctions. These fighters hate western civilization whether it be an evil American or a peace working Brit.

11. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

Maybe some of the insurgents in Iraq couldn't give a hoot about Iraq. Maybe some (many?) are just there to stir up anti-western sentiment in the hopes that their radical agenda gets more support.

Not all the Iraqi "freedom fighters" are fighting for Iraq freedom, me thinks.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Simply sad,

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the majority of the American Left is against the war. I don't think they support the people who kill civilians, or even American soldiers. I think they try and see where those that fight against soldiers are coming from, but I don't know of anyone in the American left who justify the actions of those that kill civilians, and especially nobody can justify this kind of horrible atrocity.

It doesn't get more senseless than this. She was an Iraqi citizen giving out charity to victims of this horrible war. Even killing an innocent child isn't on this level. This was a charity worker who was a citizen of Iraq and spent her life living among Iraqis. What a horrible thing.

But again, I haven't seen anybody on the American left, much less a majority, who feel that the folks who kill innocents are justified in their actions.

14. giddyup

Wasn't she being charitable for a couple of decades to the masses of Iraqi who suffered under Saddam? You make it sound like our fault... again. She wasn't there fixing a mess we created, I don't believe; she was fixing messes period and had been for a long time.

This is a curious twist that you've put on this. Am I wrong about her?

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes she had been there for a long time. I didn't mean to make it sound like our fault at all.

If anything it was further condemnation of those that did this and not the U.S. She was, afterall, working to help the country men of the land they were supposedly trying to fight for. This war brought those folks to arms and action, and she was trying to work to to help those who were victims of it. You would have thought that the groups who did this would have thought of her as the charitable arm to their militant branch for Iraqis. What they did showed the irrationality and disconnect beyond what they claim to be fighting for, and their actual actions. It is true that Margaret Hassan wasn't in danger from these groups prior to the U.S. invasion, but that doesn't mean I was blaming the U.S. in the slightest.

16. giddyup

Good. I didn't think you really meant that.

The truth is that she was in very little danger until this war was waged. I guess if she had started ratting out Saddam or his sons she might have had some trouble. She was a Mother Theresa of Iraq and I have no doubt that they killed her in hopes that it would start the self-criticizing in Britain and in America.

This is one of those defining moments I think.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I've had it. Don't these animals know where to draw the line. I mean this woman devoted here life to helping out the needy in Iraq for thirdty years for crying out loud. Where do we draw the line?

It's just sad. :(

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Terrorists don't draw lines in sands..., to say they are evil is a blatant understatement,...Heck, your children would be exciting game for them...

19. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

20. deepblue

deepblue Member

what I want to know is how are these animals able to hand video tape after video tape to Al-Jazeera without being track down by us.

And if Al-Jazeera is protecting its sources, they are partly responsible for this.