1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 1/7/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha you didn't say correct plays but you did say we suppose to dominate the Cavaliers. All because they lost a game to the 7 era doesn't mean they are push overs. Cleveland had won games against quality teams. Plus they will be playing in the playoffs. Yes yes the East is weak but nonetheless they will make the playoffs.

I doubt it very serious that we are tanking games to avoid certain teams in the playoffs. The west is stacked so you can lose to any team that makes the playoffs.

Yes those teams you mentioned do run better intelligent plays but they also have their share of dumb plays as well.

Yes a lot of members do nitpicks after wins and loses. My thing is we won. If anything gives them the benefit of the doubt because they are yet again building chemistry. We just added three new players to our rotation.

2. bongman

bongman Member

In 8 games, he has taken 17 FT's and 16 - 3 ptr's. That is about 2 a game. Is that what we are complaining about?

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When you have Dwight, and Dorsey and then you decide to add Josh Smith to that equation you will have problems. Teams will foul us all night and dare him to shoot and he will. This is why we are not going to beat any real teams, but go ahead and enjoy the win versus the Lebronless Cavs. Our next 4 games are against soft teams after that we are in trouble.

4. bongman

bongman Member

You are totally reaching when you start using Dorsey who has not played at all. Since you are making a major claim (not me) that we won't beat any real teams, would you want to place your reputation on the line by wagering to quit posting if we do?

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Why would I do that? Listen I'm a Rockets fan I hope I'm wrong but Josh Smith isn't going to all of a sudden start shooting 70% from free throw land and 40% from 3. When we play real teams with real coaches it will be exposed. For both him and Dwight. The good thing about Dwight is that he knows that he can't shoot so he doesn't. IF Josh Smith can learn that I will be totally onboard.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Again none of our bigs will shot 70% from the line and 40% from the 3. So why are you just picking in Smith. He played solid and efficient last night. It is Mchale job to get the best out of his fours. And to be frank, he has done remarkable job. Morey is the one that needs to get us a few bigs that can actually shoot from downtown and make free throws at a 70% or better clip. He tried but Bosh changed his mind and went for the more heftier contract and bigger role.

7. bongman

bongman Member

Ten stop making absolute claims that a particular event will never happen. It makes you sound pompous, arrogant and a know it all.

70 and 40 percent is such a high bar that it would be unreasonable to expect that. He is not a good at any of those and to expect that he will all of a sudden change that is setting yourself up for disappointment.

He is what he is. A good rebounder, help and one on one defender, good passer, can take 4's on the dribble. The reason why we did not advance last year is due to our defense which is where most of his strengths are. We have Dmo and TJ to generate points for the 4 spot.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

both you guys are not thinking. I'm not asking him to shoot 40% from three or 60% long two's. I'm asking him NOT TO SHOOT THEM. Both of you seem to have a problem with understand Smith's problems so I don't care to talk about it anymore. One thing I will say is that it is ok to point out what our players are doing wrong, it's ok to ask questions. Just like it was ok for me to be upset that Josh Smith was starting. I thought that was a stupid idea and I was right. Allowing Josh to chuck shots is a bad idea. He needs to get better or stop.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

lol first and I mean this the nicest way possible I can say what the **** I want, I'm an adult if you don't like it block me or don't respond. Second we are I believe 5 - 5 in our last ten and 7-8 against winning teams I believe. We are not beating good teams at a good enough rate to be contenders as of now. So when I say we are not going to beat any good teams I am saying our trend is going to continue and it might go down. Of Course we'll beat another winning team but not a lot of them, not the way we are playing.

10. bongman

bongman Member

EVERYBODY needs to get better. You go on this rant to tell people something that is glaringly obvious? Josh shooting a lot of 3 ptr's - bad. Josh chucking it up more than Dwight and Harden - bad. It doesn't take a genius to know that.

Can you at least wait until a month before the playoffs to give the guy a chance to acclimate to his new role before making claims or predictions ?

11. bongman

bongman Member

TY, i will take your advise. This is the only thing we agree on.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Maybe you need to smoke a little from your bong man :)

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Again nobody on here doesn't want him to take those types of shots. But guess what his coach and teammates doesn't mind him taking shot like that. Especially if it's in the flow of the offense. And stop with the chucking up shots scenario because he's not hoisting up bad shots like that. If anything tell Harden to stop penetrated and then dishing it to him with the clock running out.

Again Dmo and Jones have been taking those same shots. Why is that sir?. Because it's the way they run their offense. Hopefully Morey finds his stretch 4, but up until then, you and I will have to live with those players shooting long two's and 3 point shots from time to time.

1 person likes this.
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Get off my jock, seriously let it go.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Let's not get sensitive around chief. It's not that serious. I'm just having a nice little dialog with a passionate Rockets fan. If you read real closely I'm agreeing with you. I'm just saying no matter what we say on here Smith, DMo and Jones will continue to take those shots.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Smart man.