1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How FAUX works

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dubious, Sep 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

2. Dubious

Bump: textbook example of the propaganda playbook, clearly and humorously presented.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At this point is Fox News marketing team being purposefully facetious with their "Fair and Balanced" tagline? Who are they fooling?

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

foxnews is the joke of a lifetime. one day it will be studied in the future, and will be an example of the way things were before people evolved.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Apparently way too many people.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Brilliant. Where are the usual suspects so eager to defend their Fox and Friends world view. Especially on race I would think they would be all over this.

7. Dubious

With Colbert moved on, I would submit this piece for Peabody Award consideration.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Comedy Central at the forefront of political satire; speaking truth to the most powerful institution in the world: Fox News

9. Dubious

I don't think FAUX is intent on being politically evil, I just think they use standard propaganda techniques without regard for the sanctity of news and information to secure a loyal niche following in order to make money from advertisers. I think if Roger Ailes thought he could secure a massively profitable share of TV viewers showing fairy tales he would do that. What bothers me is the perversion of the public trust, taking a format that should be reserved for impartiality and exploiting it for effect. He takes the protections and reverence reserved for journalism, a vital part of democracy, and whores it out.

#9 Dubious, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if you perpetuated the "hands up don't shoot" lie, you don't get to criticize Fox News

11. Dubious

I don't know what you are referring to.

But judging from Mr. Cheney, you never lose the right to criticize, you only lose the respect of those who hear your criticisms if they are always wrong.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So when the DOJ discovered systematic racism and the PD being a giant revenue machine taking advantage of poor blacks, their cause was still not worthy?

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The best news from this thread is that cops are being attacked as well as being killed at the lowest rate in decades.

Fewer cops dying in 2015 is a great thing.

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Such a bull**** analysis. I don't even watch FOX News and I'm sure they bring their own slant just as every organization does.

For example: "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon...." 1. They don't really mean it and 2. They would never drag bacon into this. WOW, that is a profound debunking.

15. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Wait...what? Did you really watch it?

We're on track for the least cop killings and attacks in many, many years- and Fox is shown to be clearly building and propagating a narrative that is not only untrue, it's the opposite of this truth. And this is bull**** analysis?

The joke about bacon does nothing to detract from the clear illustration that Fox invented and propagated a lie, over and over and over again.

16. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

If Fox is caught red-handed creating and spreading an outright lie as "news", in order to further a specific political goal, you get to criticize Fox "News".

17. giddyup

The narrative is that we are on schedule for fewer police fatalities-- that is a generalized claim. It makes no distinction between fatalities in the line of duty and ambush fatalities, but the comedian quickly claims both to, perhaps, manufacture a point.

Could it be (of course it could) that police training in a dangerous environment for them has largely contributed to a reduction in cop deaths. Does anyone know when the last time cops were killed execution style on the heels of a public calling for such acts? Gotta nip that **** in the bud.

Even if FOX is jumping the gun on a potential trend, the fact remains that there is a mood of anger and hostility fostered by groups like BLM. Where do you get off calling that chant a joke? What possible interpretation is there for that awful line. This guy is a comedian, the marchers are not.

War on cops has followed various other wars: Poverty, Illiteracy, Obesity, Out of Wedlock Births... that is a common vernacular that is decades older than FOX News.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So you are saying Fox's claim of war on cop is a war of mind and not actual reality?

BTW, the comedian took the time to state it was not a matter of joke. You didn't watch of just couldn't register that information.

19. giddyup

Don't tell me what I did and did not watch. He makes one passing remark and then an onslaught of justification that "that's not what they really mean."

20. giddyup

I watched it twice. He makes on apologetic comment and follows with numerous jokes that undermine. Oh, and don't ever forget the "that's not what they really meant" defense!

I'm sure these guys in uniform know way less about this than the comedian.