1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Video] James Harden Mix - MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Buzzlite, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

The Beard is Back! :cool:

In response to a gluttony of criticism over the summer James Harden has improved every facet of his game. His new found defensive prowess and leadership has lifted a Howardless Rockets team elite status in a cut throat Western Conference. Check out the Beards MVP caliber season in my latest mix!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vam0TADAe6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope you enjoy! #Rednation

13 people like this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

We are lucky to have him.

3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

nice video. what song's playing?

can we get some UGK though?

4. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Song is an Instrumental Remix of: Top of the World - Ace Hood

I'll keep UGK In mind for my next one haha!

5. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Couldn't have said it better myself

6. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

So good.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i think 1 50 point game is needed from him this season, and I think that will undoubtedly put him at the top

extremely lucky and blessed to have him play for the H

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good work. Thanks OP.

9. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Thanks! The thumbnail should pop up in an hour or so...Youtube is kinda slow though

10. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

this so fire

11. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

I don't know about you, but tonight feels like a Harden revenge game to me...I don't think he'll take that suspension kindly

12. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

No problem man! I had to do it for the MVP haha

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Very well done.

14. houstonflagfan

CHILLS IN MY BAHDY

15. rocketsmetalspd

Awesome Video!! We are witness to something special this season. I am for one enjoying the ride.

16. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Thank you for that.
    Repped.

17. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Thanks Guys! Appreciate the Feedback!

18. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Good job OP. Really enjoyed this video. It's crazy seeing all those highlights of the bearded one. Dude seriously is on another level. Let's enjoy this Rockets fans. Players of this calibre don't come in bunches. Truely lucky to see him play in Rockets Red.

19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I agree he does NEED a 50-point game this season, but it MUST, IMO, come against a good team. Just like LBJ's game vs GSW last week, if Beard were to put up a 50+ point game, it would carry more weight against a team high in the standings, like MEM.

1 person likes this.
  20. Nero

Nero Member

Unfortunately, I can see the league doing something about Harden in much the same way they did something about Kevin martin.

Harden has developed an unfair advantage - I do not personally believe that, but that's what the suits are going to say - and takes unfair advantage of the rules as they are currently constructed.

I can easily see the suits deciding to do whatever is necessary to adjust the officiating so that Harden's FT attempts are lowered by around 20% at minimum, if not more. He is SO far ahead of the next closest guy, that is standing out like a sore thumb.

Tom Landry used to call it 'finding the FAIR advantage', and I think that's what Harden has instinctively done - he has not been *coached* to do what he does, he just does it with his natural instinctive ability, skills, and far-above-average strength and body control. But the league is going to view what he does as an UNFAIR advantage and seek to eradicate it.

James is a beast, physically. He is bulky, and burly, not built like the typical NBA 2-guard at all. He has a habit of bending very low at the waist when he is driving into the lane, and dropping his off arm straight down as a sort of 'barrier' against the defender, and because it is his arm (and not his body), and because he takes special care to keep it straight down, he is able to initiate contact with the defender, and actually become the aggressor, either controlling the movement of the defender, knocking them out of the way, or else getting fouled when the defender responds with strength in kind, at which time James reacts to the foul against him. It is a masterful exploitation of the rules, and it is very successful.

It's a win-win for Harden, and it is tactically brilliant. I love it, I love watching it, and now that he has perfected his 6-headed-monster of that crossover/step-back/drive/either-direction move, it is a thing of almost sublime beauty.

But clearly those who are not fans of the Rockets see things differently. They consider him an offensive-foul machine who gets an enormous number of fouls called on his behalf, when a great many of them should be called as charges or offensive fouls. Even Bullard mentioned this the other night.

We have seen a few games this season in fact where the refs CLEARLY decided as a group before the game not to call those fouls for Harden. Whether that decision was made by the refs or by someone upstairs at the league office, I have never heard anyone even ASK that question yet.

But it's coming.. I can feel it.

I hope I am wrong, I really do. And hopefully they don't try to make some kind of example of Harden in the playoffs this year.. I just don't put anything past these guys. If the whistles are not blowing for James, then it throws his whole game off. Maybe Morey should start a sort of campaign against such a thing NOW, several weeks before the playoffs, so that it can seep into peoples' consciousness and maybe that can head that sort of thing off at the pass.

Bottom line - enjoy this while we can, because my fear is that the league is going to try to do everything it can to squash what we have seen from Harden this year.