1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[YouTube] Cruze 4G LTE WiFi: Woodchipper commercial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Oct 1, 2015.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I can see the benefit of a vehicle having "connected" capabilities.
    I can also see how this helps in an emergency.
    I also can see how passengers in your vehicle you're driving can use it.

That's fine and dandy, but why must a car have all that for it to be a "good car"? As far as I'm concerned, some things can be helpful to us on the road, but must not encourage things like irresponsible driving, inattention to the road, etc., etc.

Note how most of the "not actors" in this video seem like the generation who would more than likely have a heart attack when something like this happens to their phones... for I might be wrong in assuming but will conclude that the older generation is not going to care about "staying connected."

Please watch the entire video before commenting.
    Wood Chipper Chevy Cruze commercial:
    <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ro0UEwuOR1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Before I start quoting OSU coach Mike Gundy... I'll say that I have plenty of "connection" desire... and I might be grumpy old man but I'm one who prefers safer drivers and roads. :)

What do you all think about this commercial?

2. Buck Turgidson

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

OnStar and other tools like it have been around for decades. Collecting diagnostic data from the OBDII module and providing information on the vehicle is probably valuable too. (although there are huge security issues with that so I personally dont care to connect anything to my car's OBDII port)

Beyond that, the actual wifi hotspot in the car just seems useless. It just seems like a backdoor method to increase AT&T's subscriptions. They've been having negative growth in the postpaid market for sometime and the only reason why they can publish press releases that claim huge growth is through connected vehicles.

Plus when the concept of built in wifi hotspots was first proposed, cell phone based hotspots weren't that common yet. Nowadays all the carriers are giving you the option to use your phone as a hotspot as part of your plan. Plus off the shelf hotspots are common now too.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Gotta keep growing that data market
    Making sure that people are connected at every moment.

and tracking of course

Rocket River

5. SwoLy-D

LOLs. Thanks, Turgidson. :grin: Good one.

Meh. My previous cars had LoJack. I was being tracked.

This is totally different, though. It interferes with attention to the road to make it safer.

I'm waiting to hear what you all think of this Chevy commercial (on YouTube, mind you, all over my search results and stuff).

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

7. SwoLy-D

I thought you had typed "Deported." :eek:

*whew*

Contribute to the discussion, at least, GroogleRock. :cool:

8. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

Most American cars are all about how many cup holders and other mindless crap you can put on 4 wheels.