1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Glass Half Empty - Reasons to be depressed about the upcoming season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Alright, let's post all the moves by the Texans you hate. Give reasons to be pessimistic about the upcoming season. No happy-go-lucky, I trust Bill O'Brien's system, we're going to the superbowl posts. There will be a separate thread for that. This is pretty much a glass half empty thread. If you hate a move or news, post it here. Let's give the fans a dose of reality and bring them back down to earth.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hate that we don't have a last place Schedule!

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I can't stand B.O'B's chin cave! Good thing we won't make the playoffs, seeing it for 16 games is more than enough.

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only differences between our schedule and a last place schedule are the Texans play Kansas City (home) and Cincinnati (away) instead of Cleveland (away) and Oakland (home). We also get to play the Titans twice versus them having to play us twice :grin:

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I hate that we have a middle of the road team AND not enough cap space to make us better.
    If we could have afforded to make the trade for Jimmy Graham we get massively better but it was the best team in the NFC who could take on the deal?

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Regarding the schedule, the AFC East teams seem to be getting better.

Bills add coach Ryan and McCoy
    Dolphins add Suh and Jordan Cameron
    Jets add Revis, Cromartie, and Brandon Marshall

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Things I'm not excited about this year...

- I don't think DJ Swearinger will ever develop into anything close to dependable in coverage

- I think we can expect Kareem and Newton (ESPECIALLY Newton) to backslide given they're fresh off new contracts

- We have no one to catch the damn ball opposite Hopkins

- The interior of the line is a little greener than you normally want

- We need an edge rusher badly

- It really blows that we have no shot at winning the division before the draft has even got here

1 person likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

All the crap we have to hear about how good the Colts are and they are in our divisions. Obviously Andre of course

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I'm optimistic of battling for a wildcard spot. I can see another 9-7 season.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I get your point (one I often make) that the whole last place schedule thing is often overblown, but those four games right there being swapped around can easily be the difference between 9-7 and 7-9.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The Texan still have a bottom 6-7 schedule (maybe bottom 5 I heard about it couple weeks ago) the coming season, because we are in the worst division in the NFL.

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Pass rush help for JJ
    JJ taking a dip in production (moreso because last year was ridiculous production)
    Reliance on unproven talent
    Secondary does not look very promising

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What helps us is that we are in a division where two of the 3 teams we will play (4 games) come against teams that are like us in that they do not have their QB situation figured out. If it plays out like last year, we have a better running game and defense then either of those teams and if BOB's system works, we at least can get competence out of a mediocre QBs. That gives us a leg up.

That gets you half way to a winning record right there.

Now the problem is that the Titans and the Jags have made good moves this offseason and if their young QBs take a step forward they could easily beat us once each. I don't see how this team has a path to the playoffs if they don't take at least 3 out of 4 from the Jags and Titans.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

NT. Right now the Texans do not have one. Pickett is not signed. Nix is broke, until he proves otherwise.

Foster's age and health. Texans were a run first team last year and Foster carried them on his back. When Foster sat, the OL got exposed as being more average than not.

Recent draft luck.
    2014: Clowney and Nix.
    2013: Brennan Williams, Sam Montgomery, Trevardo Williams, David Quessenberry, Alan Bonner and Chris Jones.

1 person likes this.
  15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

How can you missing these obvious :

1. Cushing will have a season ending injury in week 4 while trying to covering a TE about 20 yards ahead of him.

2. Foster will miss 10 games.

3. Clowney will step in a hole on the field again in the season opener and then retire after the season.

4. The county will push for a new bill to raise the tax so that the Texan can have the money to remove the retractable roof and also improve the field of the stadium.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We are still going to get spanked twice by the Colts and the Colts will still have an easy time winning the division.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I saw healthy Clowney in the happy version of the thread. No way he does anything until 2016. Our SoS was so weak last year, the record might egress even if we are better.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

We're gambling our season on a QB with one (1) good start and/or the 31st rated QB last season.
    We have one good to very good WR and three guys named Joe
    Our RB has a tendency to get dinged
    After "drafting a TE" became a running gag... we don't have a good TE

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

This. I can see Rick ignoring the wr spot and not addressing it until the 6th rd.

20. conquistador#11

there are only 4 'elite qbs' , so we will be in every single game.
    We played 2 last season and their performances had nothing to do with our defeat, unless you give luck credit for special teams and hurting fitzie. If you can break their offensive line, they will crumble. schedule doesn't scare me. what scares me is situational coaching.