1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob McNair is considering Texans for Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is not unique to Texans' fans.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While this is true in general, I think the HBO guys will likely feature whatever they feel is the most intriguing stuff. And while I don't think there is any doubt about whether or not Mallet or Hoyer will make the team, there is plenty of uncertainty about who will get the starting gig. So I would expect them to focus on that a lot.

As for JJ, you are right. Not a lot of suspense there. But he's such a larger than life personality I would expect them to find a way to get him in there as much as possible. Maybe really focus on some of the young O-line guys and their struggles to block him (kind of like the exposure he got last year).

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What issues does this team have? They don't have a franchise QB and are weak at LB and WR. Those aren't really 'issues'. The team has no drama and wont have much of any with guys like Dre gone.

No one is expecting them to get to the Super Bowl next year and they are rebuilding so what's the problem? You'd rather be on TV because they do good things? What's wrong with Hard Knocks? It's a great show produced fairly and with great care. It's not "reality TV" as you might think. It's not scripted.

If you don't want Hard Knocks then you don't want Open practice, Training Camp reports on the Radio, Twitter coverage.

You can't have your cake and eat it to.

4. Artestsuckskobe

Don't you think they would go harder, and try harder to get better if it is going to be seen by millions? I know I would.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Players will be concerned with cameras, and will practice differently in front of them. Not good.

That's not true. Many of us go to the practices and to the training camps. We could see what goes on "behind the scenes" like that without being on the field like the Hard Knocks cameras are, distracting and disturbing the players' skills and abilities on the field. :eek:

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, because NFL players aren't used to being on TV.

7. SwoLy-D

Being on TV and having cameras on the field next to them while practicing or running secret plays that shouldn't be aired to other teams are different things. They're also going to be seen BEFORE and DURING the season, while others won't be. :eek: TV Cameras are never eavesdropping during a live game to hear the play or what plays they will run. Shoot me some more silly comparisons.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I give up.

Anyone else want to handle this?

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

... have you ever watched the show? While it provides greater insight/access than practically any other program in existence - it is still very much controlled by the NFL and the featured teams. Nothing of significance is revealed.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hope this happens. I would love to see it. When will a decision be made?

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Open Practice, Training Camp reports are just fine in my book. At least they provide something factual for fans to digest. Hard Knocks is a completely different animal as it's a reality TV show with a football slant that is heavily edited for dramatic effect. Such is the nature of reality TV. I simply don't care to see what kind of car JJ Watt is driving on that day nor do I care about how much some guy spent on a fish tank for his living room. As such, it's a show in much the same vein as 4th And Long - that reality TV show from Michael Irvin back in 2009.

14. SwoLy-D

Yes, Hey Now!. I have watched it. I am not interested in continuing to see it with any team, much less with my team in it. I don't want the extra info, either. :eek:
    Had to call in help, huh? :rolleyes: Well, at least you admit it.

You can't help that someone doesn't agree with you?

NO to Hard Knocks.

15. likestohypeguy

Yeah there will be segments focused on him, but Jj would mostly make more cameo like appearances, just a contrast against the main story line- like showing two bubble guys struggling at a drill or something, then ominous music, a voice over "The hopeful rookies can only hope to learn from..." while a steaming Watt approaches in slow motion,p. Then it switches to screaming full speed at the task, which he destroys, cuts to the awed rookies "damn" etc.

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It would be great if Texans get Hard Knocks! Can't wait :cool:

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash">#Redskins</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> final 3 suitors for HBO's <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hardknocks?src=hash">#Hardknocks</a>. <a href="http://t.co/8waIzm51lC">pic.twitter.com/8waIzm51lC</a></p>&mdash; uSTADIUM (@uSTADIUM) <a href="https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/601767279496286210">May 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Texans are the obvious choice here.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

hard to believe liberal HBO would reward Dan Snyder, but WAS has the potential for more drama than HOU

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Houston has about 15 different story lines.

What would they do for the Redskins, focus on RG3 and the name controversy?