1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. ROCKETrobert

ROCKETrobert Member

Prigs played good last night. Do you think he will get any playing time when Beverly returns from the flu?

2. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Beverly

I hope now Beverly is limited to about 25 minutes per game. It's been refreshing not seeing brick after brick from him the last few games.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hope he gets minutes. He was such a big help to that second unit with his creative passing and his effort level. Morey did give up two second round picks for him so I would think Mchale would play him. I said at the time of the trade that I expect Mchale to love this guy by the time the playoffs come around

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I can take the occasional brick that PatBev shoots .... I was just thrilled to see someone capable of getting the team into an offensive set & getting other guys good looks at the basket. Prigs really runs the pick & roll well .... That's something this team has lacked all season.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The guy is Luis Scola with a basketball. I wouldn't mind him playing 20-22 minutes a night. He and Terry are the best PG combination we've had this year.

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

luis scola with a basketball? :confused:

;)

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When Bev gets back, I think him, Terry and Prigioni should split the minutes almost equally. Whomever is playing the best stays in for more.

For a minutes breakdown say maybe..
    Harden 35
    Ariza 30
    Brewer 24
    Beverly 20
    Prigioni 20
    Terry 15

Prigioni can really shoot, and he made the offense go better than i have ever seen Beverly do. If Bev can't start getting shots to fall, he is a black hole on offense.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think Bev's and Terry's minutes should definitely come down to make room for Prigs. We should be playing Prigioni at least 15mpg.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I also think Bev will play a LOT better at 20-25mpg instead of 30+. He's a hustle guy. Can't sustain his effort level that long and his production drops off.

10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Lolololol

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It was good to see a group of guys who excel at finishing (Jones, Smith, Brewer) get to do exactly that as opposed to trying to create a shot for themselves. Reminded me a bit of the Suns during the Nash era when he made all those talented shooters and finishers look like All Stars. Obviously, to a much lesser degree but I didn't realize how much we missed a guy who can run the offense, protect the ball and hit open threes.

12. HTM

HTM Member

He looked kinda old and slow to me... probably because he is old and slow.... not a fan of big minutes for the dude.

13. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Especially Terry

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Prigioni was calm, made the right passes and looked like a floor general. Exactly what you want from a veteran PG

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We need a guy like that off the bench in the worst way. I'm not convinced Prig is the guy but if he is... that 2nd unit just got a whole lot more dangerous. I like the idea of cutting Beverley's minutes down to 25-28. I think it's safe to say he's a more effective defender when he's rested.

16. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Beverly/Prigioni
    Harden/Terry
    Ariza/Brewer
    D-Mo/Smith
    Howard/Jones

playoff 10 man rotation

17. bmd

bmd Member

Maybe. But he looked to be in control out there... Something the Rockets need from the PG position.

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

Scola with a Volleyball

19. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

So you're saying...
    [​IMG]?

1 person likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not sure how people thought he looked old and slow. Guy ran the break with the 2nd unit, created offense for our guys, forced turnovers...