1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.com/Top 10 -- Most Exciting Teams to Watch: Rockets at 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XBeams, Oct 18, 2002.

1. XBeams

XBeams Member

Top 10 -- Most Exciting Teams to Watch
    To get a jump on the 2002-03 season, check out NBA.com's Top 10 Lists, which will run throughout the month of October. Today's list covers 10 teams who are among the most exciting to watch in action.

10. Magic: Orlando thrives in the open floor, especially when Darrell Armstrong has Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill as options one and two.

9. Clippers: They'll miss Darius Miles in this department, but Andre Miller dishing to Quentin Richardson, Corey Maggette and Elton Brand still has plenty to offer.

8. Wizards: Not so much because of MJ, but more because of the young athletes (Kwame Brown, Larry Hughes, Jared Jeffries and Jerry Stackhouse) he has around him. OK, and watching Jordan isn't so bad either.

7. Sonics: They have two former Slam Dunk champions in Brent Barry ('96) and Desmond Mason ('01), the human spin-move in Gary Payton, and two lanky young forwards (Rashard Lewis and Vladimir Radmanovic) who can dunk, drive and stick the three.

6. Rockets: Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley comprise the league's most exciting backcourt tandem, and Eddie Griffin is one of the few players who consistently makes highlight reels for his not-to-be-believed defensive stops.

5. Raptors: Morris Peterson and Alvin Williams are deceptively athletic, Jerome Williams is a human pinball, and Vince Carter is ... well, Vince Carter.

4. Lakers: Kobe has the rare ability to change his mind two or three times while in mid-air, and it's impossible to look away when Shaq Diesel starts barreling down the court on the fastbreak.

3. Nets: The top transition club in the league. Jason Kidd leading the break with Richard Jefferson and Kenyon Martin on the wings hearkens back to Magic-Worthy-Cooper of the old Showtime days in L.A.

2. Mavericks: The very definition of full-throttle offensive intensity. Michael Finley is a thunderous finisher. Steve Nash plays like he should be riding a skateboard. And Dirk Nowitzki and Nick Van Exel are virtually indefensible when they're on, which is most of the time.

1. Kings: Best ball movement in the league. Chris Webber and Vlade Divac play keep-away in the low post. Peja Stojakovic and Hedo Turkoglu are genuine triple-threats. Mike Bibby pulls off his fair share of head-scratching moves. And if the game ever does get slow, Scot Pollard's latest 'do is always worth a gander.

Personally i think the Rockets should be in front of both the Nets and Lakers. But in my heart, The Rockets are at number 1.

2. Lobo

Lobo Contributing Member

This list seems about right, although 7-10 seem a little questionable. At least the Jazz aren't on here. :D

I do wonder why there's no mention of Yao Ming in the comments about the Rox.

3. OrangeCountyCA

Lobo, "I do wonder why there's no mention of Yao Ming in the comments about the Rox."

Because Yao Ming is not supposed to be EXITING. He just gets the job done.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Did they really put the NJ Nets in as the 3rd most fun team to watch???

They must mean the OTHER NJ Nets....not the ones we know...I honestly don't think I'd have one eastern conference team other than orlando on my list of top 10 fun teams to watch.

5. XBeams

XBeams Member

I think once everyone see's the blockfest that goes on with Yao and Eddie, and Steve and Cat lighting it up. The Rockets will be pretty exiting to watch.

6. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I think the Raptors should be up there. I think their games are more exciting than the Sonics.

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Looks ok to me. From what I see, the Nets always run it, like the info says, which is exciting. I don't know how many nasty alley-oops I've seen from Kidd to Martin.

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

I like Michael Jordan, but watching the Wizards as well as the Sonics is about as much fun as watching my dog lick himself.

9. timm

timm Member

I think Clipps and Raptors should be higher. Seattle should be lower.

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

But I thought the Rockets were simply borrrrrrrrring. And if they're so exciting to watch, why the hell doesn't anybody go to the games? I don't understand.

11. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

#1 on my list

12. coke

coke Member

Rox should be number 1

13. codell

Ive always felt that alot of the fans that can afford tickets on a consistant basis, are front runners. All Houston teams seem to suffer from this when they go through consecutive seasons without making alot of noise.

14. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I think the Blazers should be on this list, this year especially because they've got a great back court and they are going to push the ball consistently. Wallace is good for slam dunks and like wise for Davis, with his emphatic slams. Wells and Anderson are two of the best full court finishers in the league. Daniels isn't that big but he takes the ball straight to the hole, Patterson is also for dunks off of steals. And when Pippen wants to he can throw it down pretty well.

15. mfclark

mfclark Member

Yeah, only because you never know when Sheed's gonna go off, or when Pippen's gonna throw a chair onto the court, or when Derek Anderson is going to quit playing, or when Bonzi Wells is going to spontaneously rip the fans...

Need I go on?

16. mfclark

mfclark Member

As for the list - I think the Magic should be higher, but I understand the #10 ranking. After all, everyone's only seen McGrady & Hill together for about 20 games in total.

Armstrong is a monster bringing the ball up and with a healthy Hill, the Magic will finally be able to run the half-court offense...which will lead to an even better running game.

Think the Clippers should be higher too...and the Nets shouldn't be on the list. The only thing exciting on their team is the occasional KMart slam (both the ball into the hoop and the player to the ground).

17. Asian Sensation

Where's the Sixers? I know a lot of us fans on here hate Allen Iverson but how can you tell me he's not exciting? Especially during his playoff series against the Raptors 2 years ago back to back with VC each pumping up the home crowd. And his clinic against Tyronne Lue. Especially the high step he did over Lue after the fadeaway ... looking at him like What Biiiiiiiiotch!!!!!!!!

18. kh0001

kh0001 Contributing Member

This thread makes me wonder which are the top 10 non-exciting team....:rolleyes:

KH

19. codell

Im sure the Jazz would be on that list somewhere.