1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard injured his right shoulder tonight 12/18/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Dec 19, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Berman
    Jenny Dial Creech :

It may not turn out to be serious, but since he was in a lot of pain, it wouldn't surprise me to see him miss the next game or two.

He downplayed the knee in the same manner, so it's definitely something to watch out for the next few days.

2. Mattician

Mattician Member

Hope it isn't serious. The next five games are going to be tough without him.

3. Ghost_of_Akeem

This guy is going to break down on us. Part of his problem is that he trains too hard in the offseason, specifically in the weight room where he puts all kind of stress on his joints and tissue. He then tries to play through a rigorous 82 game NBA season and this is the result of that.

It's one thing to train hard in the weight room when you're a young player but as you get older its better to stick to calisthenics and let your joints and muscles rest more in the off year.

At this point Dwight should have refined his game on the court during his offseasons and spent less time in the weight room trying to be Superman.

This isn't football.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

And how do you know this? Stop assuming.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think it's more likely that he has a mechanical issue. One can lift like he does without issues, assuming mechanics are good. If they're not, then one can get injured, even with calisthenics.

It just depends on how he's getting hurt. Was he pushed too far on play by a defender or was it more if a routine movement he should have been able to handle?

6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Dwight was always going to have a shoulder issue..With the way players come down on his arms as he goes up it was only a matter of time before he injured.

Working out has nothing to do with that

7. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

He should've been rested tonight anyway.

8. Ghost_of_Akeem

Working out in the weight room has a lot to do with it. You lift heavy and your joints get inflamed, they need time to rest and heal properly. I use to lift all the time in my 20's and just from lifting in a 50 minute session on two different muscles I would need to let those muscles rest at least a week before I worked them again.

Dwight is putting too much stress on his body, he needs to work on the finesse side of his game and stop trying to be Snaq' O'Meal.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

With all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about. Save your little stories.

10. ribbit

ribbit Member

If that's true, Rockets trainers/medical staff would have warned him already. They have extensive experience regarding this.

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

stop talking out of your ass on every subject in the GARM

12. Ghost_of_Akeem

You're truly ignorant.

13. Ghost_of_Akeem

Muscles need time to heal. I use to do 2x per day on shoulders and triceps, but only 1x per week. My joints needed time to heal.

If I had a pro contract, I would have been the strongest person in the league but my body would not have held up to the rigors of the season.

14. JazzLakerHater

Remember when this guy was the ironman of the NBA? That seems like ages ago.

15. Ghost_of_Akeem

Exactly, because the more you lift the more your body needs rest. Dwight fancies himself as a weight lifter but he can't sustain the rigors of an 82 game season.

16. CrashTheBoards

Lol calisthenics are for old people.

17. Ghost_of_Akeem

Dwight is old.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No Dwight just doesn't have the will mentally to fight hard enough to be a champion. He's unproven there. Everything has to be perfect for him and he has to feel that way too.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He might be on the right track. Watch Duncan. That guy isn't that packed with muscles but he is still on a great level nearing the age of 40.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.