1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Increasing Urbanization of the Toyota Center Entertainment Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aceshigh7, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What was said that was factual? And please give me some examples of stating facts that are not racist. That could be fun for the whole clutch fans family!

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

For the record, I don't think the OP is racist. He just used a poor choice of words to express an opinion.

In other news, I always thought it would be great to have someone like DJ Khaled introduce the Rockets starting lineup and get the crowd hype before a really big game on national tv. We the best!

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Don't you think Chandler Parsons brought more family values to this team than Jason Terry? Do you think we should have kept Parsons because he had better good old fashion family value than Terry?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When will the Rockets learn about how important family values are?

4. Ghost_of_Akeem

If I buy tickets to a game, I go there to watch the game and my favorite team curb stomp whoever they are playing that night. The entertainment value for me is what happens on the court everything else is just filler and not really important. At halftime I will usually go drain the lizard and buy another beer (sometimes 2 large beers so they can last me the entire 2nd half) and by the time I come back the 2nd half is usually close to starting. I certainly don't get all giddy about skinny guys in tights lifting up other skinny guys in tights on their hind toes while doing a head stand. I can do without seeing that **** for the rest of my life.

As for the dance squad, the more skin the better and the more they shake their asses the better. That's good environment for me. I personally could care less what type of music they dance to or whether or not it's a genre of music that I like, I didn't buy the tickets to watch a concert anyway. Usually, after the game me and the guys will hit up one of the local gentlemen's establishments in the galleria area to cap our night. If the wife calls, close it out and its Whataburger on the way home and I'm good.

What irks me the most about Toyota Center isn't the entertainment experience, it's the empty seats you see in the lower bowl well into the 2nd quarter of games. I have to ask myself why someone would pay for expensive seats when they don't even care to use them?

End of story. Merry X-Mas to all.

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Racist ass trick!

1 person likes this.
  6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Just for the record, I'm Asian.

I was just thinking -- the term "racist" is loaded and carries a lot of historical associations. It is instantly a conversation-stopper. Let's not call each other "racist." The OP may not be a "racist" or think of himself as "racist." He may have just made insensitive remarks without knowing the implications of what he wrote. As we all do from time to time.

The issue of race is real (in this day and age unfortunately) and we need to educate and learn from one another. I think all of us have mental stereotypes that can be hurtful to others. And all of us can make remarks that are ill-thought of, foolish, or just plain wrong.

1 person likes this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets wanna truly be urbanized, get dancers with big booties!! Professional cheerleaders
    have a 1% chance of having ass and a 99% chance of having plastic breasts. That is NOT urban.

8. kemah

kemah Member

I am not sure if this makes me a racist but I am an older white guy that doesn't care for hip hop much but I do love the booty shaking a lot. There I am putting it out there. Flame on.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

For the record. I'm Asian. I hate pitbull. He will not make my dr pepper 100 percent better, nor my budlight.

I prefer certain "rock" over hip hop. I like some hip hop/rap. I like country too.

Hell I was happy they were playing local rappers during pregame shooting. Except for lil flip. Did not approve of that leprechaun ass troll.

I hate Pitbull.

I like some edm too. Wish they would play a bit more of that.

But like I said. Play the playlist from 2K and FIFA.

A lot of people I know say they wouldn't know that song if it wasn't for 2K or FIFA

And I hate pitbull

10. NeonTiger

NeonTiger Member

Bone on Bone

11. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

agreed

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is this why Lin is gone?

Didn't fit the urban image?

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Rpds are wearing pants.

Thanks a lot.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

It's youth culture. The OP is right at ain't racism it's agism. Old ass mother****er.

15. cglede

cglede Contributing Member

Im not racist but...... it all went downhill from there!

What does you having an african american friend have to do with anything...?

rap just isnt for blacks... u know its 2014 right!?!

U should have just said that they should switch up the dancing and change some of the selection of music.... Not black or white and your friend doesnt represent ALL of blacks thinking.....

16. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I was at the game last night and had this post in mind the whole time, and I came to the conclusion that you are ridiculous. The music is the same mix it has ever been. If you want to listen to something else bring your iPod errrrr 8track player.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

How do you dance to nickle back or carrie underwood?

18. conquistador#11

i kind of miss our dancers doing britney oh baby baby while wearing catholic school girl out fits. i was in my early 20s then, so not creepy. i'm in my 30s now, kind of creepy. ok very creepy.

19. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Mid 50's here and I am for sure creepy as I like the outfits but prefer just the tight form fitting shorts.

20. body slam

body slam Member

As a poor white guy that can not afford season tickets I'm curios as to what kind of country music do they play at the games? and please don't say Boot Scootin Boogie.

most likely in your late 30's so its getting creepier, but I'm right there with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.