1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you rather have Dwight Howard or James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Tang, Oct 28, 2012.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Assuming same package being offered for both players, and assuming that Howard comes without the extension but Harden does, I'd still go with Howard by a tiny bit. In the end, Dwight Howard is that one elite level talent who can literally get a team to the 2nd round of the playoffs by himself. Harden to me is more like a Pierce or a Melo type of talent. Incredible, but there's a ceiling.

Of course, I say this because I really wanted Morey to stick it to Howard and force him to choose between Dallas and $30mil less guaranteed. So there's personal bias here.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You can't just look at those 2 guys. If we could have gotten Howard on draft night and run a starting line-up with Dragic, Lee and whoever else was left, then I'd think it was likely that Howard would re-up. Once we blew up that roster I wasn't interested in Howard anymore. Why would you run a win-now Howard with a bunch of rookies?

For this group, Harden makes a ton of sense. Harden isn't much older than our rookies and they can grow up together.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Where is a poll? Howard was never interesting in Rockets, he could leave after one year even if we got him, then we lost all trade assets, who would you rather have?

4. ch44

ch44 Member

Lakers can offer him the most money because they have his Bird rights now. Nets definitely can not sign Howard now that they locked up Lopez, Wallace, and Johnson. Quite a few teams will have a lot of cap space.. Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Dallas, and Phoenix all come to mind right away

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I prefer having Harden locked in on good terms than hoping Howard re-signs and stays healthy. I was huge in the acquire Howard camp.

6. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I should say Dwight for basketball reasons, but I don't like his primadonna ass.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Howard. He is a franchise player.

8. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Dwight>Harden please is this really a question?

9. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

How about BOTH

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Good call, breh. Glad you saw it before the rest of us did.

11. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Why, yes it is... :p

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

This question is like :who do u love more Mom or Dad

13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

nailed it

14. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

I like Harden more and its not even close. In fact, I prefer him over any player in the league considering talent, age, clutchness and beard.

15. deshen

deshen Member

Given enough opportunities on shooting the ball, many players can score a lot, but only few with efficiency.
    Coming in playoff time, Howard is twice better than Harden.

16. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

neither
    lin

17. rocketblood713

18. Mattician

Mattician Member

James Harden

19. Ghost_of_Akeem

Right now with the way Harden is playing you have to go with him. Dwight before the injuries would trump Harden, but that version of Dwight seems like it won't be coming back.

Dwight is an all-star level player right now but he's not a superstar anymore. At one point he was considered the 2nd best player in the NBA to only Lebron, those days are long gone. Dwight isn't even a top 10 NBA player right now.

Harden is a top 10 player but just barely. Currently, the only players I would rank above Harden would be Lebron, Durant, Paul, Davis, Curry and possibly Marc Gasol. So Harden breaks the top 10 but not by much.

The scary thing about Harden though is that he can get better, he's still young. If he works on developing a post up game he will become the NBA's scoring champion every year.

20. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Howard is a goner after this season. So I guess we don't have choices.