1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard vs Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Mar 26, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razsan

Razsan Member

Joe....put the keyboard down...walk away...really it's okay. I understand that you're having trouble with facts. It gets better the older you get.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This says just about as much as the dumb stat thrown around about how at a certain number of minutes for Lin equate to X amount of stats and a better win percentage.

In 3 games in his career Harden has put up (28,27,26) attempts he has scored (41,39,38) points. What does it really tell you? He should get 27 attempts a game?

If your just trying to show his capability on a really good night, fine. Outside of that all it really says is basketball common sense. On nights a player is producing you get him more shots.

3. sutton

sutton Member

na, Lin average 20.5 pts with high efficiency when harden is absent,

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If Lin steps up this year...and just plays conservatively it will make the haters shutup I'll grant you that much. They want to shutup--as they want the rockets to succeed--Lin just has to give them a reason to do so.

This is Lin's chance to show the team whether he really belongs on it and what he can bring. No more caving in the playoffs and playing like a scared boy.

5. Razsan

Razsan Member

Jordan, first of all, for a minute, pretend I'm not a Lin fan and look at what I was saying. Lin doesn't shoot as many shots as Lillard...that's a fact. I don't expect him to and I'm OK with that, especially with Harden and Harden hitting shots the way they are. So no, I don't expect Lin to score like Lillard. What I was pointing out was that the few times he did, he was effective..Also a fact.
    Again, I do expect him to ratchet up the assists with more playing time.

6. Razsan

Razsan Member

LPH....I think that's fair, good post!

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Just remember, that while some people do come off as haters its mostly because they have a higher standard set for Lin. If he helps the rockets out, they will embrace him with open arms as Lin's success = Rockets success.

Lin is also more talented than Beverly. Maybe by watching Beverly's play he will tailor his play to what the team needs and finally be the starter that this team needed all along. Anything can happen, only Lin is in control of his own destiny.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

2014 Playoffs, 1st round

Lillard
    25.5 ppg, .468%, .489 3p%, .875 ft%, 6.7 assists, 6.3 rebs, 1.3 steals, 2.3 to's

Lin
    11.3 ppg, .410%, .217 3p%, .813 ft%, 4.3 assists, 3.7 rebs, .5 steals, 2.2 to's

1 person likes this.
  9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So it's quite clear that Lin is better. Like everyone said.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Upon looking at those numbers...

If you are a Lin crazy...
    [​IMG]

OTOH, if you were keepin' it real...
    [​IMG]

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The rare occasion when GIFs sum up reactions so accurately.

12. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

13. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

There is no comparison. It's not even fair to try.

14. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Yes, Lillard outplayed Lin. But couldn't you have at least posted per 36 or even per 48 numbers? Lillard still wins, after all. If you are going to make a neener neener post, at least make the numbers compatible. Lin only played 2/3 the minutes Lillard played, so you even get to see Lin's turnovers get worse compared to Lillard.

Note: I've never said Lin was better than Lillard. I've never previously even posted on this thread.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MW8ODmNPx34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. langal

langal Contributing Member

The more appropriate comparison should be Lillard and Bev.

17. langal

langal Contributing Member

Or Lillard and Parsons since McHale loves that match up so much during crunchtime. Yes I am still sulking.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

19. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

this pass was so freaking easy hahahhahahaha cmon milk hair

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.